Improving visual performance of leather.

Hi

I have bought leather products from Lovehoney and I am wondering if anyone has any tips to make leather items and clothing look shiner.

Also, if anyone has tips to keep leather products looking better for longer, I would really appreciate the input.

A

Hi there, I think that Lovehoney used to sell a leather cleaner and cloth set, but I can't seem to find it so it may have been discontinued. I'm not sure if you could use the latex shining products on leather? Perhaps someone may be able to help with this :) xx

I'd personally go for a product designed for cleaning and caring for horse-saddles. Not sure if recommeneding the brand would be in breach of forum rules, Will be happy to come back with it if not.

I definitely wouldn't go with Latex shine, I think most of them would be far to oily for the leather and would just create a horrible film on the leather. Where as most leather care products tend to be wax based.

The product I mentioned above but not by a name, does cleaning and shining products specifically for Leather.

LadyS wrote:

I'd personally go for a product designed for cleaning and caring for horse-saddles. Not sure if recommeneding the brand would be in breach of forum rules, Will be happy to come back with it if not.

As long as it does not link to a competitor post away :) 

We did have a set as mentioned by Scorps but it was discontinued. Seems it was not 'sexy' enough and did not sell well. 

When I used to wear leather I used this one http://www.ukleatherjackets.co.uk/men/sheepskin-and-leather-care.html I was seeing a guy who wore a lot of leather and this is what he suggested. I often scuffed my boots and regularly spilt alcohol on them (world's shittest barmaid) but this always brought them up nice.

I use leather cleaner /feed from one of the cheap pound shops and it works well and produces a sweetish leather scent.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

LadyS wrote:

As long as it does not link to a competitor post away :)

We did have a set as mentioned by Scorps but it was discontinued. Seems it was not 'sexy' enough and did not sell well.

Fab stuff, Renapur is the brand I have always used. It's not the cheapest, but it is the best I've used. I've used it on leather bondage gear, bike leathers and leather furniture and it's kept them all in fab condition.

I found these diy instructions today

https://www.buzzfeed.com/gregoryperez/this-insanely-easy-leather-cleaner-requires-just-three-house?utm_term=.yogAVdzZy#.ebrNQ1rj5

May be worth trying / patch test