Inclusivity with respect to lingerie

@Lovehoney_Brenna, as I mentioned in my intro post, there is a growing army of women who are opting to go flat after mastectomy or have implants removed. (For anyone interested in this topic you can google “flat movement” or “notputtingonashirt”.) As you can imagine, finding lingerie that is still flattering is well… challenging. Open cup items and anything with darts won’t do. I do not wear foobs (fake boobs) EVER. I am flat and do not want fake anything inside or hanging off outside. I find myself wearing tank tops to bed frequently because it hurts my husband’s heart to see my scars. It is not the lack of breasts that he has trouble with, it is the reminder of the hell I went through. I have found a few body suits that hide my scars but “we” (speaking on behalf of flatties everywhere) would greatly enjoy having a dedicated line of beautiful lingerie for us. If you have any pull at all, could you please pass this message along to the appropriate entity. With sincerest thanks :heart:

20 Likes

Hi, have you considered posting something in the Pander to me thread? It does get read by the product developers so might be a good option

3 Likes

I did not know about that thread. Thank you!

No probs :smile:

@QueenBee Interested to know the reasoning behind the movement? Is it to do with identifying cancer if it reappears or more of a “no breasts are beautiful too” thing? Not judging, just interested.

For you ladies (and men) that have had to go through something like this yourself or as a partner, my heart goes out to you. Truly hurts to see this happen and I truly respect any decisions made. Just keen to know the reasons in case it comes up in real life for me so I am more informed.

1 Like

I absolutely welcome questions! There are a lot of different reasons as each woman is unique. For some, it is age. Why would a 70 or 80 year old women need to go through the following: From what I have heard from other women, the process involves multiple more surgeries. This is more pain and more invitation for infection. Also, the expanders are supposed to be very uncomfortable. And if you have radiation, it thins the skin. To the point that MANY women have had the expanders tear right through their skin and fall out. :anguished: Once all the breast tissue has been removed there is significant nerve damage. You never feel your chest again. I had a very aggressive cancer, so nipple sparing was not an option. Nipple tattoos are a thing but if my husband were to reach up and fondle my fake breasts there would be no nipple to enjoy for either party. Implants are also cold from what I’ve been told. I stay cold most of the time anyway so that does not sound at all enjoyable. By staying flat, I never have to wear a bra again (thank God. Texas summers are the WORST) or have another mammogram. For me there was the additional consideration of the autoimmune diseases I have. Implants would be rejected by my body so that was not even an option. There is a procedure called a DEIP flap than can be done using a muscle from the back and liposuctioning fat (also an autologous fat grafting option alone) but I have enough back issues and what they don’t tell you is that it has to be touched up every 10 years. Considering all that together it was a great big no from me. I am 51, happily married, and do not give a shit what anyone else thinks of my body. I am more than a pair of breasts. I still feel sexy and desired without them. Do I miss them? Only the lack of nipple stimulation. Otherwise, I find my t-shirts fit much better and are easier to read without the hills and valleys. :laughing:

6 Likes

Amazing post @QueenBee :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll ask friends over the weekend and ask them to ask their friends and so on, and I’ll come back and let you know if anyone can help or knows someone who can :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

No problem at all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You really are an amazing women, going through so much with the cancer like so many women but your attitude since. great post and good luck.

2 Likes

Hiya @QueenBee sorry it took longer than expected to get back to you. Absolutely no one had any contacts or knew where to look for help. The only things I found are listed below, I don’t know if any of them are what you’re looking for, but I sure hope so. Best of luck with your search and stay amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

theflattiecloset - Valiant Lingerie

Skarlette

The breast life

1 Like