Increased sex drive post hysterectomy

Hi All,

I had a hysterectomy 7 weeks ago. The op and recovery has gone really well, so well I am experiencing a huge increase in my sex drive.

i have to say I have always had a high sex drive but I have never known anything like it. I only have to look at my husband or have a random thought and I am so turned on.

Prior to my op I was in constant pain and discomfort so the op has been fantastic as I no longer experience any pain or discomfort, I wonder if the increased sex drive is stemming from feeling so good.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Kim x

Hi there,

I am currently 25 days post op and have been very horny, despite being in a lot of pain. It's hard knowing I have to wait until week 6 until I can have sex or use any sex toys internally!

Like you it seems that any little thing turns me on...so frustrating!!

I did have pain during sex before the op, so am really looking forward to (hopefully) pain free sex.

I'm sure others will be along too with their experiences :)

Hello there ,
I had mine over three years ago and I definitely remember a major surge of horniness within a couple of weeks and it lasted about 6 months or so before leveling out to normal levels for me which were still pretty high .
I wasn't in any pain before my op and I didn't experience too much pain straight after either , just able to manage with ibuprofen and paracetamol for the first couple of weeks then nothing after that .
I have no idea why this increased sex drive happened and seeing as I was made to feel like some sort of sex maniac for inquiring about post op sex life and orgasms beforehand I didn't feel I could ask anyone !
Seeing as at least us three have experienced it I'm assuming it's perfectly normal ! Just go with it and enjoy the feeling :)

Thank you both, it is great to know this is "normal"

Delilah I hope everything heals well x

I am so glad I am past the 6 week stage but OH is refusing to do everything I am wanting but I do understand him wanting to take it a bit easier and know he is only worried about causing pain.

Being totally pain free is amazing and I am sure rgis is oart of it.

I did try to ask my GP about this but he is only young and couldn't bring myself to ask in case I can across as some sex obsessed cougar....