Inspirational Thoughts/Quotes for the Day

Scorpius12 wrote:

"True happiness is singing at the top of your lungs in your car while the people in the car next to you are staring"

I like this, so true!

Scorpius12 wrote:

WOW - Just received this on an e-mail - quite long - but I had to post it :) xx

Happiness is:
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favourite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake ... (or vanilla ... or strawberry!)
12. A bubble bath.
13. Giggling.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach
16. Finding a 20-pound note in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Eye contact with a hot member of the opposite sex.
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful
23. Laughing at an inside joke.
24. Friends.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies (and eating them...!).
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38. Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

Absolutely agree with all of those.

Everything always turns out alright in the end... and if it's not alright then it's not the end yet.

If you think sunshine brings you happiness, then you haven't danced in the rain - unknown xxx

lillithlibby wrote:

You are confined only by the walls you build yourself

Ooo I like this

"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." ~ no idea who ;)

Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments in life that take our breaths away

"I'm and I always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of impossible dreams."

"In 900 years of time and space I've never met anyone who wasn't important before"

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

When you're a kid, they tell you it's all, "Grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." [sighs] But the truth is: the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. [grins] And so much better

Brownie points to the first person who guesses where I stole these from :-D

Here is one of my favourite Thelema quotes :

"We of Thelema say that ‘Every man and every woman is a star.’ We do not fool and flatter women; we do not despise and abuse them. To us a woman is Herself, absolute, original, independent, free, self-justified, exactly as a man is.

We dare not thwart Her Going, Goddess she! We arrogate no right upon Her will; we claim not to deflect Her development, to dispose of Her desires, or to determine Her destiny. She is Her own sole arbiter...

We do not want Her as a slave; we want Her free and royal, whether Her love fight death in our arms by night, or Her loyalty ride by day beside us in the Charge of the Battle of Life."

"If I believe in something, I fight like hell for it" Steve McQueen

Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that you can make anything happen...

LL - The tenth Doctor?? I'm pretty sure he says the second one to Donna when she is upset about her general existence - I wish I had a Doctor in my life :)

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

LL - The tenth Doctor?? I'm pretty sure he says the second one to Donna when she is upset about her general existence - I wish I had a Doctor in my life :)

*brownies for you* Yep yep I stole it from doctor who :-) Quote for today: “I don’t want excuses. I know what you’re up against. We’re all of us up against something. So you better make up your mind, because until you have the balls to look me straight in the eye and tell me this is all you deserve, I am not letting you fail. Even if that means coming to your house every night until you finish the work. I see who you are. Do you understand me? I can see you. And you are not failing.” – Erin Gruwell (Hilary Swank)

"If you love something set it free - unless it's a tiger."

The tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held it's ground.....

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And...

Always look on the bright side of life (whistle)
Always look on the light side of life (whistle)
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

Laugh until your body aches,

Cry until you start to shake,

Live like the world is yours to take and love as though your heart won't break......

We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid, so are regrets!

“When you have failed at being nice, you’ve actually succeeded in being mean. Success is everywhere if you know where to look for it.”
― Katina Ferguson

If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives .... Lemony Snickett