international deals

Hi everyone

I was having a look at the different LH sites and was wondering why there are differnet deals in different countries...does that mean if i order somewhere else i have to pick from their deals?

like 3 for $20 the stuff is totally differnet to the UK site.

This is totally bugging me as i cant figure it out at all...

And can i buy from the US or German deals site? (As in can i pay in $$ and send something to a friend in the US)

Im so confused!!!!!!

As soon as you figure it out let me know, there is no "deal of the day" on the US site just noticed that today when i went to look it up. Since I live in the US I always order of the US side of things and I guess that the specials are more geared to how products move over here or there?

It's so confusing! I wish i knew if i could order from the american and german sites! I have friends say 'oh i got this blah blah' but i have to go onto the american/german/whatever version to see that deal!

my brain is fried!

Hopefully someone from LH chimes in tomorrow!

MysticalMayhem wrote:

Why not just ask live chat or send an email to customer services rather than start a new thread?

I guess it's just for the benefit of others who may wish to know, or even some who don't know about the sites in other countries.

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

It's so confusing! I wish i knew if i could order from the american and german sites! I have friends say 'oh i got this blah blah' but i have to go onto the american/german/whatever version to see that deal!

my brain is fried!

You'd be able to order from the American and German sites. That shouldn't be an issue. My OH orders from the UK site most of the time and he's in Canada. He also gets things sent to me on the UK site.

All that happens is the item shows up as USD ect in your orders.

Subdom27 wrote:

MysticalMayhem wrote:

Why not just ask live chat or send an email to customer services rather than start a new thread?

I guess it's just for the benefit of others who may wish to know, or even some who don't know about the sites in other countries.
Definitely! I didn't realise either and would love to know :)

I think your addiction is getting pretty worrying MBE! One LH is no longer enough.

Hi all,

There's a few reasons why the offers might be slightly different:

sometimes we can't sell certain things in certain countries if we're sending from UK...

sometimes the cost of products in the offers and the currency conversions don't quite work business-y speaking!

Deal of the Day is a tech development and let's-hire-more-people thing!

We'll definitely (fingers-crossed-behind-back just in case though) be doing DOTDs and adding more excitement when we can.

ShinySparkle wrote:

I got what you meant mystical mayhem, don't be sad! It's hard to read words with the correct context sometimes.

Anyway, I've looked on the other sites and the deals are good, but if I buy them, I'd have to consider the exchange rates, there's sometimes a fee for processing an order from UK £ to € or $ (well, my bank does this and I've had it with PayPal in the past too!)

So, it's worth considering when placing an order from another site, you may be better off sticking with the .co.uk version. :)

And no matter what you order, it all comes from the same warehouse, right? Xx

second this! I've learnt the hard way about taking things the wrong way!

Besides i didnt take this the wrong way at all just that you were thinking more of getting a fast answer for me :)

No harm please dont be sad.

Ok SS so does that mean (sorry if i'm wrong) that if i order from the UK site while im in the US it will still work out cheaper than ordering from the US site?

Lovehoney - Steve wrote:

Hi all,

There's a few reasons why the offers might be slightly different:

sometimes we can't sell certain things in certain countries if we're sending from UK...

sometimes the cost of products in the offers and the currency conversions don't quite work business-y speaking!

Deal of the Day is a tech development and let's-hire-more-people thing!

We'll definitely (fingers-crossed-behind-back just in case though) be doing DOTDs and adding more excitement when we can.

thanks for this too steve +++1

-You can order from whatever site. It uses the same account. You get Oh! Points still.

-UK gets more deals as this is where LH started, its more established, and we have the main warehouse.

-It could be cheaper any way depending on exchange rate, bank fees, what deal you're using.

-There are site-specific deals, such as codes or visibles.

-As Steve said, national regulations.

And yeah, as far as I'm aware, it all comes from the one warehouse, so *shrug*

I was interested to read on one review on lovehoney.com about a Bondage Boutique loyalty scheme... Is this the same in the UK as it is in the US? This was back in July 2014 though...

"Nice little bonus too - when you buy anything from the Bondage Boutique range you receive two loyalty stickers, which you stick them on your Bondage Boutique Bonus Card. When you 10 stickers you get one free spanker. Or collect 15 and get 2 free spankers. I have just sent off for my free ones."

Hm, I suppose that when I get around to get myself a Doxy (Christmas, perhaps?), I may buy it from lovehoney.de; when it comes to mains-powered stuff, it may be better to get one with an EU plug (converters are fine for rechargeable stuff but in this case an EU one might be more practical). The one thing that baffles me, though, is that the .de info page says "Spitze aus Aluminiumdruckguss mit gepolstertem Silikonüberzug" - I thought that Doxy heads were covered in cushioned plastic (mit gepolstertem Kunstoffüberzug)? Or are EU Doxy wands different? I would not want one that might not be suitable to use with silicone attachments.

atropos wrote:

I was interested to read on one review on lovehoney.com about a Bondage Boutique loyalty scheme... Is this the same in the UK as it is in the US? This was back in July 2014 though...

"Nice little bonus too - when you buy anything from the Bondage Boutique range you receive two loyalty stickers, which you stick them on your Bondage Boutique Bonus Card. When you 10 stickers you get one free spanker. Or collect 15 and get 2 free spankers. I have just sent off for my free ones."

I've ordered several Bondage Boutique items from the UK site and never got any stickers, I really wish the UK Lovehoney did this offer though! Oh please please please...

atropos wrote:

If I remember correct the uk items did have the stickers way back in the begining of 2014 but they were stopped.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean it in a nasty way, I just meant you'd get a direct response if you live chat or email.

For what it's worth - I didn't take it in a nasty way. I was just giving you a straight answer! Like SS said - I guess it's always hard to read words with the correct context on here.

Cuddekins is right. There did used to be the stickers, but I think the offer just expired overall, as I've had BB products since that didn't have them. I vaguely remember the ones that came with my paddle outlining an 'end of promotion' date.

AsYouWish! wrote:

I think your addiction is getting pretty worrying MBE! One LH is no longer enough.

I generally think i do need rehab. The first thing i look at planning to go away is what kind of things LH sells!