Intimate shaving

MrsMcX wrote:

I couldn't handle letting it go long enough to get it waxed. I really hate pubic hair haha!

You would have found life strange in the 1970s when nearly everyone had full pubic hair and thought nothing of it!

Seeing this thread and reading about rashes, waxes and regular shaving makes me relieved that I find pubic hair highly erotic, and that I'm spared the trial of having to remove it!

I don't have any problems with shaving rash, I find it nice to be smooth and it find it more hygienic knowing I can have a good clean down there and not have any nasties trapped in hair without me knowing.

I think if I was alive in the 70's, I probably still would have shaved. I just really don't like the wirey texture of pubic hair, and I don't really do it for any sexual reason, just the fact the feel of it and the bushiness makes me feel a bit cringy!

OH uses seiko personal shaver, its very good, but you have to have at least shaved first then this keeps everything smooth when used regularly, no good if hair is long.

Anyone ever used an epilator for intimate areas? I was wondering how it would work.

Lasering is better takes 6-12 sessions but once the hair is gone it's gone never to be seen again :)

Skippy75 wrote:

Anyone ever used an epilator for intimate areas? I was wondering how it would work.

Me! and oh god i still remember the pain! much worse than waxing in my opinion it was awful and took ages, i thought if i was persistant and did it everytime it would get thinner and less painful but no after a few weeks i gave up it was horrible and took quite a while too.

Okay, I don't know how anyone puts up with when it starts to grow back down there, seriously annoying! Now debating just attacking with a razor or trying to last out until it's long enough to wax... :/

Louise&James wrote:

Skippy75 wrote:

Me! and oh god i still remember the pain! much worse than waxing in my opinion it was awful and took ages, i thought if i was persistant and did it everytime it would get thinner and less painful but no after a few weeks i gave up it was horrible and took quite a while too.

Sounds like i might want to rethink that plan then!

Yes I've also used an epilator down there and god! I would never do it again it hurts! Like hell!
In all honesty I wouldn't do it, it doesn't even work that well.

My OH gets waxed every month. Shaving and razors just didnt work for her. Waxing was a little sensitive at first... Now she finds it routine. and I LOVE IT!

Epilating is torture. I can handle a bit of pain but that was something else. D:

I'm finding shaving rash and stuble are causing me torture! Torn between letting it grow back and forgetting it ever disappeared and trying to stick out being bare by waxing....we shall see!

I find that the more you shave the less of a rash you get in the long run. It was awful the first time I shaved, but it's fine now. Try some Dare to be Bare oil you can get it from LH :)

Thanks! Been using vaselines aloe fresh cream as if about the only thing I have in, but will have a look after payday! Which thankfully isn't long :)

I shave and use electric razor but would like to get waxed, just a bit embarassed to go and get it done though, although I'm sure the waxer will have seen all sorts :-)

Tried that Braun M90 but it hasn't worked for me at all :( Only tried it on one of my legs but it took lots of going back and forth to have any effect at all and even then I can't get it to shave closer than a stubble!
Looks like I'll be sticking to razors!

I always got infected folicles (rash) from shaving and the hair got like wire so I decided to brave the laser, once the hair is gone, it's gone. :)

Look into laser.... My OH did a course of sessions and it has worked a treat....
Never has to shave or wax and is always stubble free.

It might be expensive at first but if you look at the cost of blades and foam or waxing over 10 years then it pays for itself.

Totally Agree Don Don, best thing I ever did was go for laser.