Introducing gags hints and tips please!

Me and my OH have been discussing adding gags to our play. But we are both concerned with how to use safe words and ya know, the whole breathing thing whilst we're playing. Any hints or advice anyone can give?

We started using gags got 2 ball gag and o ring gag.start with small ball gag first just to see how you get on with it and the o ring gag we have is rubber coated which is better on your teeth I like my OH wearing the o ring gag coz I can still put my cock in her mouth too she loves it.you both have to feel comfortable with it and set your limits talk about it and give it a go some ball gags have breathing holes in the ball so makes it better to breath plus You will dribble while wearing them just part of it so take that into account with positions good luck and enjoy it adds fun and excitement to sexy play.

I have this set http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15706 and think it would be a great into to gags. You can easily breath through the holes and there are three sizes so you know at least one will be good and you can work up to bigger ones.

If you can't speak with a gag in, you can use a safe signal. Three taps is one I have used but others include having a bell that can be rung, humming a tune, holding a ball and dropping it when it gets too much, grunting a certain number of times, stamping feet, a hand gesture....there are an infinite number of ways you can signal you want play to end without using a safeword.

Friday13 wrote:

I have this set http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15706 and think it would be a great into to gags. You can easily breath through the holes and there are three sizes so you know at least one will be good and you can work up to bigger ones.

If you can't speak with a gag in, you can use a safe signal. Three taps is one I have used but others include having a bell that can be rung, humming a tune, holding a ball and dropping it when it gets too much, grunting a certain number of times, stamping feet, a hand gesture....there are an infinite number of ways you can signal you want play to end without using a safeword.

+1 to this. Start off small, and you can always have a safe signal. For me its stamping my feet a couple of times and he knows he has to stop. Make sure you chat about this before you go ahead with anything though!

I have lots of different gags, metal o-ring, ball-gag, bit gag and a stuffer one. I would say the metal o-ring gags are very intense, as you cannot bite down like you would with a rubber ball gag or silicone bit gag, and they can get uncomfortable very quickly. I personally would suggest a bit gag or the ball gag set that Friday13 recommended above to start with. I have this bit gag, and it is really comfortable and so easy to wash too:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15821

You do get jaw ache with most gags, so best to limit to 5 mins to start with and build up from there. The bit gag I have listed however is more comfortable for longer periods as your mouth is not open quite so wide, and as it is silicone with some give, you can bite down on it.

Always remember to have safe signals in place. Depending on how you are restrained when wearing a gag, you could either bang your hand on the bed/surface, click your fingers or hold a bell/squeaky toy which can be used or dropped according to the rules you have both decided. Hope this helps :) x

I just want to thank you all for the useful advice you've all given.

Obviously me and my OH will peruse these together and agree on terms when we do start incorporating them.

The friday13 set is something that suits are beginner needs at the moment but maybe we will build up to the metal and the O gags.

Your signals advice are also really good so thanks for those too everybody!

Just to add for the bell/squeaky ball/hitting a side etc there are lots of ways to signal without safewords, you just need to know which ones you are using for that play :)