Introducing your partner to new things?

We are a loving married couple in our eraly 50's.

As with many couples no doubt, children and life have affected our lovelife and I'd like to "liven" things up and get our mojo back.

My wife has never mentioned toy's or anything else, so any advice on how to broach the subject?

Firstly you must talk it out together. Show her the website and tell her about the products. Explain why you want to buy some toys and how you feel. There is no shame in using toys together or solo for that matter. The best thing is to agree to be adventurous together and together draw up a wish list. What ever you do don’t buy a vibrating dildo and surprise her in bed as an ex-boy friend did to me. Definitely a turn off although I did try it solo, out of curiosity and soon got into toys but he was soon history as it was alway about what he wanted.

Exactly what Love Stud Too said, but also maybe start with something unintimidateing like a sensual massage oil / candles. Being more intimate first outside of the bedroom might help to ignite that spark - flowers, compliments, hugs and kisses...

If your wife is early 50s then she might be approaching the menopause and that can bring physical changes as well as changes in desire - so talk to each other about what is comfortable and pleasurable for you both. It isn't the same as being 25, but in many ways it can be better! Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, all very relevant and will take on board - especially not rushing in with the vibrating dildo! We are past the menopause stage so hopefully things will be a bit easier in time.

I should have added, that the thing I’m most scared of is that she’ll flatly refuse anything and then be put off by the fact I have suggested anything or think i’m now a bit “perverted”?

milesyd wrote:

I should have added, that the thing I’m most scared of is that she’ll flatly refuse anything and then be put off by the fact I have suggested anything or think i’m now a bit “perverted”?

There's always the risk she may not be interested but you won't know unless you talk about it. As for bringing it up, you could simply say you saw the Lovehoney TV ad and you wondered if she'd be interested in that kind of thing? Pull the site up on your phone and have a browse together and chat about what you like. Lingerie can be a good starting point if you don't want to dive straight in. 🙂

I did a similar thing about a year ago and I'm really glad I did. 🙂👍

Thanks Ian, sound advice. 👍🤞

I’m definitely the more adventurous one in our marriage and I always feel that anxiety when broaching something new so I can really relate to you!

Could I suggest having done the above and spent a few weeks really showing her genuine affection and appreciation, when the time is right scroll through love honeys more tame offerings of massage oils etc and show them to her, ask if she would like to try some and then perhaps click one of the less tame sections, you can gauge her reaction and if need be jump straight back without feeling too vulnerable.

I surprised my wife my blindfolding her, kissing her all over and when she was expecting me to finish her off with my tongue I used a vibrator on her. She loved it and now it is a regular part of our love making.