iPhone and lovehoney forum posting hell

Ok I'm at my wits end and I'd love an answer and a work around please!

I do a lot of my browsing posting etc of LH on my iPhone. I have tried in safari and another browser ( private browser I think it's called ) and have same issue every single time.

It is this. Every time I look at the site it's fine but as soon as I try to log in to check my points or post on the forum BAMMM! I'm diverted to the mobile site. Soo I sign on there then press on view full site tab once I'm logged in. Except when I move to the full site i'm not bloomin logged in and have to log in again. The second time I get the normal PC login screen and I'm away. It makes no difference if I tick the remember me buttons of not. Once logged in if I go to look at my OH! points I get diverted back to the chuffin mobile site!

Now typing on a smartphone is no fun at the best of times but putting passwords in is especially bad. I'm dying to get an iPad one day but I hope to god it doesn't behave the same way on that or I'll be pulling my hair out!

What is going on? Has anybody found a work around this?

Lovehoney- can you do anything to fix this? Pleeeease!!!

I feel your pain. The iPad is a bit better... I have a link to the forum page via the 'full site' link as a bookmark which helps.

The technical team are working hard behind the scenes on mobile device compatability in lots of (mysterious to me) ways. I don't know the full extent of the project or its timescales, but improvements will happen.

BigPoppa,

can you change your browser identity on the iphone to "desktop"?

This works with other mobile devices like Android phones.

How do I do this? I never seen a setting like this..

Hi BP!
I'm on the HTC Desire hd now. I have to disable javascript to post here or it won't let me! Good luck! SG

Have you tried Opera as a browser? I don't think you can change the browser identity to desktop on the iphone. I've got around by doing the same as already mentioned. Saving the Forum page as a bookmark when I visited the main site. it is annoying tho to get redirected to the mobile site. It seems to happen on a few sites not just LH

I'm a bit reluctant to do this as my kids play on my phone lots and they do sometimes press on the wrong things.

I like to keep this very hidden to avoid embarassment.

Is opera available for iPhone? Must check that out...

Opera mini is free in the app store ;O)

If it works I suppose I could bookmark it on Opera and hide it away in a folder?

dolphin browser HD works for me ( but then again it's android 2.2 and honeycomb) if it's set to the ipad settings, might work on the iphone. you can clear history and cache every time you exit the browser.

I had this same problem, now I stay logged in and keep the page open on my browser - the only way I could get easy access!

Yep I've being doing that all day now. The other browser I was using as it was private would forget all your settings after a while and log you out but at least safari doesn't. A lot more risky for me though, I'd much prefer to be able to briskly log in and out.

Like perhaps if it could remember your email addy so you only had to add your password?

I have issues using Android too.... Dolphin sort of works but is so hard to use, it drives you mad, Opera it looks like it's working but isn't, since I changed phone, I haven't been on here in the day etc, so suppose I get more work done ;)

Remembering the email addy is a good idea BP, makes it a bit easier...

What about a Lh chat app?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/329618-using-android/

Would have to be cross platform which might bf tricky but saying as Apple allow 100 best sex positions In the app store and erotic fiction in their e book store I don't see why that can't get past.

I have an HTC Desire S and I use Firefox for browsing the forum on the go. I've not had any real issues with it. If I click a link to a LH product from the forum it opens the mobile verision of the product page, but that doesn't bother me. I alway open links in new tabs so I just close the new tab when I'm done looking at the product.When following forum links to threads it stays on the full version of the site. Most importantly I can post messages to the forum.

I haven't been actively participationg in the forum for long so I haven't got many friends yet and as such have not needed to use the chat system so I don't know if that will work with Firefox.

The remember me function seems to work, I have only logged in the once (about a week ago) and not needed to do so again. The LH forum is all I use Firefox for on my phone. All the rest of my browsing is in the HTC browser app, but I might change.

Now that I've gotten used to it I think the Firefox browser for Android is a very well thought out app. I don't know if they have an iPhone version, but I would have thought so.

I can't find that setting on firefox :( The search goes on....

Very frustrating...