is anal lube really better?

Ok so is anal lube better than normal lube for anal? or is just so you buy more? at the moment we ue ID glide.

There are different consistencies - Liquid Silk and Maximum are both made by the same people, but Maximus is much more thick - I think most anal lubes are thicker than regular lube, whether this makes a huge difference I don't know...

well i have used durex lube and ky for anal play, but i have just tried maximus from here with my new toy and found it so much better, anal lube so so thicker and i find works well

It also depends how you use it. Alot of specifically designed anal lubes are silicone based. This means you can't use them with silicone toys, but they don't dry out anywhere near as quick as the standard water based lubes.

i used liquid silk for anal play... think maybe its too watery?!?!? I wanna try silicone lube though, heard its the best (not for silicone toys!)

ive used alot of lubes but always go bk to liquid silk, its the best for any kind of play.

Silicone lubes are good for anal because it lasts forever, but theyr'e very thin. I need more silicone lube actually, but should probably use up one of my Maximum or Liquid Silk bottles first....

in terms of lube silicone is so much better (although my experiance with it has nothing to do with sex. When i did dry slope racing we "lubed" the skis to make them go faster, and had some home made stuff with silicone balls in it. Worked so well. The other alternatives were mr sheen, fair liquid or this clear gunk, used for pulling fiberoptic through their outer casing. Wouldn't recomend them for sex use though.) So yeah, silicone is better is the long and short of it

Yes there is a difference. Ansl lubes tend to be thicker and longer lasting. Some contain ingredients to help relax the muscles, which I found was very important when I first started having anal sex. Particularly if your partner is a reasonable size... Silicone tends to be slippier but I haven't bought s specific silicone anal lube before, only a highstreet brand. I think it is definitely worth getting a specific anal lube!

tried the tracy cox lube is a very good way to buy it a bit runny but does lube things up nicely..tastes ok too..and easier to clean up after

Thanx guys going to have a lkook aroun LH and buy some x

Have just realised why my old favourite anal vibe appears to be biting the dust - my anal lube is silicone based. Balls! That's one for the bin then. I was obviously not educated properly in this area when I started my anal journey last year. Rubbish high street sex shops...

Recommendations for good water based anal lubes sought! Ideally something that tastes minty as he loves having his arse licked and I hate fruit flavoured things! What's the tracy cox one like?

I was looking at some today but couldn't find any that were water based, minty and had some form of relaxant in it.

Chuck some Colgate on there and tell him to be thankful!

(NB - do not do ^^ this ^^ unless he's (A) Strapped down, and (B) pissed you off in some major way. Thank you!)

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Personally, I'd actually stay away from any lubricants that are designed to desensitise the anus. I don't like the thought of not being aware if there was a tear or something.

Agrees. Pain exists for a reason, it says stop.

WandA wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Personally, I'd actually stay away from any lubricants that are designed to desensitise the anus. I don't like the thought of not being aware if there was a tear or something.

Agrees. Pain exists for a reason, it says stop.

The only reason I'd use it was if I knew from experience that I could take the planned session without damage, but that nevertheless it would be a little uncomfortable. Say, if that discomfort was the difference between relaxing enough to come and staying uptight. Not personally an issue, but I know for some people that really makes a difference. And anyway, assuming there's a significantly lower rate of condom use with anal ( I think that's right) wouldn't the anaesthetic numb more important things too? External Media

AA it desensitises but not to the extreme that you don't feel anything, including tearing - that would be no fun! The lube i use just helps the muscles to relax so, if anything, you are less likely to damage yourself x

Ah, maybe I didn't phrase what I meant all that well - wasn't looking for something that would desensitise. Just relax a little. But as WandA pointed out, pain is there for a good reason.

The old silicone lube I had says it relaxes muscles, but apparently doesn't desensitise. Plus it's mintyness is a tiny weeny bit tingly which is quite nice. So if there's no relaxant in an anal lube what's the difference from normal lube? Is it just thicker?

Definitely not going near his bum with toothpaste. I think I'd know about that one pretty quickly!

Maximus is a excellent lube especially if your going deep