Is anal play safe?

Hi all I have just started exploring anal play with my gf. I have tried a dildo and a wonderful lh small butt plug however I am worried about any long term effects of anal. I am using loads of lube and have had some amazing orgasms and am enjoying looking at all the toys available but some of them seem huge!! What issues could there be from using these? I really want to go further with anal but not at the expense of my bowl control later in life! Lol Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

i think if anything using large toys will strengthen your control over your bowel long term. short term however, if you use any anal toy without the proper warm up, obviously the bigger the toy the bigger the warm up, you can tear the delicate skin inside, using non-anal toys anally (anything without a flaired base) it can disapear inside and call for a trip to the emeregency room. you may find after using large toys your sphincter feels a little loose and open, but dont worry, nothings going to fall out! the looseness ussually goes away by the next day. in conclusion, anal is perfectly safe as long as you listen to your body, warm up, use plenty of lube and if it hurts stop

Just ensure you do pelvic exercises to keep anal and vaginal tight... and always lube

Yes and no.

It entirely depends how you go about it. Getting a 9 inch dildo and shoving it up there with no lube will damage you. Taking the same toy, applying plenty of lube and taking only an inch or so at a time until you feel comfortable with it should be fine.

Make sure your relaxed, don't play if you're tense. A bit extreme, but they say survivors of crashes are the ones who are relaxed at the time. It's the same principle. You're far more likely to hurt yourself being tense.

Apply plenty of lubrication to anything you're going to put up there. If you feel ANY (and I mean ANY) discomfort, stop immediately. Feel free to try again later, but if you constantly feel the same discomfort, that toy might not be for you.

Your bodies natural elasticity will stop your rectum from becoming loose. As mentioned above, usually only a day or two is needed for you to go back to normal, possibly a bit longer for larger toys.

Just use plenty of lube, take your time and dont rush, and stop if there's any discomfort or, god forbid, blood and you will be fine. There's no proven long term negatives to anal sex, just dont overdo it!

Hope this helped. :)

i think if anything using large toys will strengthen your control over your bowel long term. short term however, if you use any anal toy without the proper warm up, obviously the bigger the toy the bigger the warm up, you can tear the delicate skin inside, using non-anal toys anally (anything without a flaired base) it can disapear inside and call for a trip to the emeregency room. you may find after using large toys your sphincter feels a little loose and open, but dont worry, nothings going to fall out! the looseness ussually goes away by the next day. in conclusion, anal is perfectly safe as long as you listen to your body, warm up, use plenty of lube and if it hurts stop

I agree young and fun, at the end of the day its a muscle you train your muscles they get stronger.

Ive had many a big toy with no problems.

Have been playing anally for approx 30 years using a range of different sized toys etc - no issues at all :)

Thank you everyone! I feel much more confident about exploring more now. What would you recommend as a next step? There are so many toys it's hard to choose.

Maybe consider moving up to the next size butt plug would be a good idea. There's some brilliant ones on the website. Then move on to a dildo or bigger anal toy once you're taking a medium/large butt plug with relative ease.

For me, I owned two butt plugs. One small, one medium. After I was comfortable with the medium I went to a dildo. Might have been a big step pretty quickly, but I was able to handle it. Go for a bigger butt plug instead if you don't feel quite as confident.

Also, if you don't want to use a dildo (I imagine some straight men wouldn't) there's plenty of beads, prostate massagers and various sized toys on the website for you to have a look at. Plenty of reviews on these items as well for you to have a look at so you know what you're buying.

Just make sure you're not taking too much too fast and you'll have a great time. :)

Some of the anal toys are really huge! And for the experienced. My choice is to stay with dildos. Like having a real cock in me. Find the girth you like best, and if it's too big, don't. Pleasure, not pain. And I love window shopping too!

Hi there, thought I would reply to your post, I am a purely hetro straight male, married to a gorgeous lady and we have quite a selection of her toys to play with, Wi-vibe 3, magic wand + attachments etc etc, but I have a little secret she doesn't know about... I am obsessed with playing with my bum when i am masturbating, always have since I was a teenager..

I have put most things up my bum over the last 30 or so years, from fingers, bananas, cucumbers, vibros, anything really that left me with a nice snug full feeling. I just bought myself the european lover 9 inch and the basics 7 inch extra girthy realistic dildos and they are both good in their own way.

the 9 inch one gets deep enough to push my sweet spot and is soft enough to not hurt, but it could do with being a bit fatter for me hence the 7 inch one i got as well. The only problem with the thick one is it isn't quite long enough for me. with the testicles at the base you can only get so much in, still, once there it does fill me up nicely.

like everybody above says, prep yourself first. I find a nice warm flush out with water not only gets rid of the annoying side effect of playing with your bum, but use a decent lube as well. I have tried everything from vaseline, KY, saliva, butter, sudacrem, savalon, baby oil etc. The durex play range is nice, the tingle one has an interesting sensation when you first start..

Young and fun95 wrote:

I agree, I am lead to believe it can be amazing but plenty of time and lube, and if your not ready for a particular toy then please don't fuss it, save it for another day.

with caution it's perfectly safe. Enjoy.

I am a beginner at anal, but the anal beads, also the vibrating anal plug is great, plenty of lube is the way to go!!!