Is Free Delivery Done?

Did free delivery go south with the points?

Goodbye, not good buy impulse purchases. I understand why LH have curtailed this benefit but £3.99 on a £16 order is 25% for a couple of pairs of knickers that weigh virtually nothing to post. They’ll stay in basket until I find the other £24 to make the £40 mark but by then they’ll probs have gone.

As I fed back to the VIP program, many of my purchases are less than £40 impulse buys. The free postage was my best benefit of the previous scheme.

:frowning:

6 Likes

I can see it coming back because of customers who, like you, buy on the impulse and don’t always want to spend £40 +

6 Likes

Yeah I also commented about the free posting benefit. Particularly at the moment where I cannot afford to place large orders and just want a few top up items. Until it comes back (or when I get bonus pennies at work and have extra money), I unfortunately won’t be placing orders that require postage.

3 Likes

I was just about to post the same question. I’ve put in a couple of small impulse buy orders in the last few days and had to pay £3.99 for each small order. Its a big % of the overall cost.

2 Likes

If you have amazon prime I’m sure that would qualify if purchasing from LH on amazon hope that helps otherwise perhaps @Lovehoney_Brenna could maybe advise further ?

2 Likes

This is from the FAQ Page

I am an Unlimited customer - will I still get free delivery?

While you will no longer receive the Unlimited benefit of free delivery on any order after 24th March, you will still be able to use that benefit until then, and after that date you will get free delivery on purchases that meet the minimum spend threshold in your country. Minimum spend thresholds for delivery are clearly displayed on all of our websites.

3 Likes

I do understand how beneficial free postage is for the under £40 packages for customers but Love Honey is a business and needs to trade at a profit. If you buy something at £20 and LH make £3 then customers expect free delivery LH would end up making a loss. This would be poor business sense so fully understand why there is a cut off for delivery costs.

6 Likes

The trouble is that anything that wouldnt fit as a ‘large letter’ costs nearly £3.99 to post these days via RM. I send out goods almost daily and the only way i could ever offer free postage would be to bump my item prices up. So you’d end up paying the same anyway.

Free postage on an order of a certain value is offset by the profit made on the order. Smaller orders wouldnt cover the cost.

Most retailers mow have a minimum order value for free delivery. It’s not unusual.

4 Likes

All fair enough but LH, until recently, used to offer free delivery to members. They seem to have suddenly stopped.

2 Likes

Think I saw the other day a discount code on the LH homepage for free delivery but not sure if that’s expired by now…

1 Like

@Melody1 and @ChloJakes the delivery is also the thing thats likely to make me not impulse buy, can’t generally afford an extra £4 on top of what I’m buying.

I get that LH are a business and need to make the best decisions for the company, it’s just a shame for those of us that have been spoiled by the free postage!

6 Likes

Maybe this is a good thing so you won’t impulse buy stuff and not buy anything until you are going to make a big/biggish order. On average, I spend atleast £50-£100 each time or more. I think my largest order was around £250 or something like that so I always get the option for free delivery anyway. I never got the free delivery on small orders and I can see why they removed this. I agree with what @steve19 says about postage and the profits of LH.

1 Like

I think it is just part of the continual evolution of Lovehoney as a business.

1 Like

Problem with that being I hardly ever have that amount of spare funds/can’t justify it. My impulse buys tend to be DOTD or weekly offers/sales where there’s a limited timescale.

Will be interesting to see how it affects shopping habits going forward for a lot of people :smiley:

3 Likes

I understand what you mean @MsSubExperimenter may be they should offer may be not such a good deal on DOTD but offer free postage on that item. Just a thought for LH

2 Likes