Is it a scam

I’ve just ordered something from Lovehoney, for click and collect, I had an email to say that they have my package, I’ve had a terxt message tonight saying that the outer package is damage and don’t have the details on the front and to click on the link within 12 hours with my details, which I won’t do as I think it’s a scam, but now I’m thinking is it real​:woman_shrugging:

Contact LH Live Chat to find out. It does sound like a scam to me. The email is correct but the text message sounds very dodgy.

I would let Live Chat sort it out, definitely don’t enter your details into a random text message link.

As soon as I saw it I thought it was dodgy, just a coincidence that I am waiting for a package though.

Hopefully, just a coincidence, almost certainly a scam but I would still contact Live Chat to check.

I think that there would be a large amount of people waiting for a parcel from somewhere, so scammers send a load of texts knowing that it’ll resonate with someone.

If none of the details were on the front, how did they know who to text? :man_shrugging:t2:
Logic 1, scammers 0

1 Like

Love to jump here, I’ve ordered quite a bit from LH all have come via royal mail I didn’t think they had a click n collect, but could be wrong. I agree id contact LH.

@geoffkay35 there is a click and collect option :+1:.

Rereading your first message though, @Loopylane , you say you had the email to say they have your package? In which case, I’d just go and collect it. Text message is scam.

Does the text specifically mention it’s a Lovehoney order, or just a generic message about a package? Also if there really was a problem i would assume Lovehoney would email you not text you.
It it’s supposedly from the courier, how did they know your phone number?
As JoCat says, the scammers send out hundreds of thousands of texts, knowing that the odds are someone WILL be expecting a package, and if only a fraction of them fall for it, they’re still quids in.

I would say almost certain a SCAM. Where did you think you were collecting your goods from? The collect place would not have your phone number. Don’t reply or give any details and speak to LH customer service / live chat.

Had a similar thing a few years ago at my old job, a lot of workmates getting texts supposedly from HMRC saying they were due tax refunds with an email link. I said the tax people have all your info except your phone numbers, so just think about it.

It must have been a scam as I’ve had another email to say that my package has been delivered to the post office, so happy days​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No mention of order or number. Seems it was a scam, luckily I didn’t respond. Picking up package tonight.:grin:

1 Like