Is Lovehoney sizing way off ??

Hi

For xmas i bought this for my girlfriend https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32653&fo_c=24&fo_k=841ce03537bf98fefd294ccdb924aac1&fo_s=monetategb

I bought it in 14-16 which should of been a perfect size as her nighties are size 14, Umm nope come xmas night it was not a fun night she went to put it on and it was very tight on her. Has anyone else found problems with sizing?

In the end i exchanged it for the Plus size one 18-20.

This is the first time i picked her something to wear from LH, Other places i have no problem their sizing has always been right.

1 Like

The sizing does tend to be really accurate but I think to consider with these ones is the style and the material!

I am also a 14-16 and I would definitely also go for a plus size in this one just because I know it would be tight and i'd prefer something more baggy and flattering. I have to do this with most LH Lingerie due to my breast size too :)

I rarely have any issues with the sizing with their own brand stuff. For satin materials and other clingy fabrics it can be worth sizing up especially if your partner has a larger bust or is one size on her top half and another on the bottom :)

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

The sizing does tend to be really accurate but I think to consider with these ones is the style and the material!

I am also a 14-16 and I would definitely also go for a plus size in this one just because I know it would be tight and i'd prefer something more baggy and flattering. I have to do this with most LH Lingerie due to my breast size too :)

See this is when men shouldn't just go out and think things will fit, It took me ages to think of something nice for her to wear, with this item how would i know it would be a tight fit just so i know what to look out for in the future.

The plus size 18-20 still looks a bit tight not baggy on her at all but if i was to send it back to get the 22-24 i think then it would feel to loose on her, she does say the 18-20 doesn't feel tight but it does show off her stomach in not a flattering way.

I too had this problem when I tried a satin babydoll . Even in my usual size it felt and looked rather tight , think this is the problem with satin , there's a lack of give in the material.

NatandTom wrote:

I rarely have any issues with the sizing with their own brand stuff. For satin materials and other clingy fabrics it can be worth sizing up especially if your partner has a larger bust or is one size on her top half and another on the bottom :)

Just my luck then getting something special for a special day and it doesn't fit right, her bust is a 38c if that makes a different i dont know.

wildflower wrote:

I too had this problem when I tried a satin babydoll . Even in my usual size it felt and looked rather tight , think this is the problem with satin , there's a lack of give in the material.

Thats good to hear i think lol i didn't know satin clothing didn't have much give in them, I should look up on material lol

teacake wrote:

wildflower wrote:

Thats good to hear i think lol i didn't know satin clothing didn't have much give in them, I should look up on material lol

It wasn't something I considered either till I tried it on !

Satin rarely fits perfectly as others have said there's no give at all, I'm between 10 and 12 and can never get something satin to fit perfectly!
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35247&fo_c=24&fo_k=8c9d0ac951e8b8fd2141337db1d1d4dd&fo_s=monetategb
Maybe something like this next time, adjustable and v.flattering I have two and love that I can loosen/tighten to get the perfect fit/shape

Hi Teacake,

I reckon the girls are totally right about satin. I got the same babydoll as you - I absolutely love purple - in the size 10-12 and unfortunately I had to return it as it was a bit tight (not too much tough) around the tummy area. I could still wear it, but I don't think that was flattering at all.

Sometimes I have problems with hold-ups, tights and badystockings due to being too long on me, but except for those (and satin now I know) usually the sizes are quite spot on.

I have this babydoll in all the colours and I'm larger than the biggest size 22-24 and oddly I can fit in them okay. I think they're supposed to cling somewhat. Maybe something with a more floaty fabric would be best?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37337

The Lovehoney sizing on ownbrand products I have found to be pretty accurate too.

By nature Satin and Silk are not fabrics with any give in them and also because of the shine of the fabrics they will highlight lumps and bumps where the fabric doesn't sit /float over the body. It's something I always try to mention in my reviews whether the fabric has any stretch or give in it as I find that very useful to know myself.

Chiffon also doesn't have any give but the styles that use it tend to be more floaty so not really much of an issue and are good for hiding any lumpy bits that you may wish to hide/disguise a bit.

Lace and mesh are generally your better fabrics if unsure as they tend to be stretchy materials and therefore a lot more forgiving and usually more comfortable to wear too.

Latex has some give to it as does rubber. PVC it depends on the type of the PVC they use, some has a bit of stretch others don't at all. Faux leather can also depend on the type used.

Hope that helps a bit.

PT x

I had exactly the same experience with this one:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37754

Not a case of clingy satin, simply too small. Bought plenty of other similar items elsewhere that are a 14 and all fit fine (including satin). Labelled as a 14-16 if anything it should be too big.

Thanks everyone ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I will now look at the material not just what it looks like, i did get that one because my OH likes her nighties so i thought it would be nice for her to wear in bed as well, but this is not going to happen with this one.

I find there sizing on some stuff small. I've ordered a few pairs of knickers now and they have been fine but I have really struggled with some of the corset style outfits , one was aimed for 12-16 but no way would it fit esp in my boobs area which isn't massive but I'm no a b or c and the cup to the corset was clearly aimed at a or b or most despite waist being abit bigger but even so not a size 16. I'm in 12-14 in general clothes. Luckily lovehoney do have free returns so it doesn't put me off ordering. I don't know if some of there stuff comes from China but China is well known for smaller sizes than UK.

Jadenash2013 wrote:

I find there sizing on some stuff small. I've ordered a few pairs of knickers now and they have been fine but I have really struggled with some of the corset style outfits , one was aimed for 12-16 but no way would it fit esp in my boobs area which isn't massive but I'm no a b or c and the cup to the corset was clearly aimed at a or b or most despite waist being abit bigger but even so not a size 16. I'm in 12-14 in general clothes. Luckily lovehoney do have free returns so it doesn't put me off ordering. I don't know if some of there stuff comes from China but China is well known for smaller sizes than UK.

What corset style outfit are you referring to? It sounds like it would fit me perfectly, haha! I'm interested.

I find the sizing in their pants to always come up tight, I recommend going up one size for a more comfortable fit :)x

Xialos - I had brought this and this was the one I was referring too.

Beauty Night La Luna Lace Chemise and G-String (Red L / XL) £15.00

Luckily as always lovehoney didn't fall short and processed my refund super quick. Now to find another lol

Jadenash2013 wrote:

Xialos - I had brought this and this was the one I was referring too.

Beauty Night La Luna Lace Chemise and G-String (Red L / XL) £15.00

Luckily as always lovehoney didn't fall short and processed my refund super quick. Now to find another lol

Thank you.

Wonder if Lovehoney could get some stretch-type satin items in?

I had a stretch satin set years ago - I loved it as it looked great, but fit well and was comfortable, too.

It might not fall as well as satin for the chemise type items, but for anything else it would be perfect.