Is my vibrator really that loud?

Hello, I'm worrying about the sound of my prostate vibrator. When I use it in the bath, I insert it, then switch it on, and it sounds like someone is using a drill! Of course this is a problem because I'm rarely ever home alone and nobody knows about my toys (it's family.)

I'm thinking either the water and tub is acting as a speaker and they're making my playtime announced to the world. Or, that it sounds much louder because I'm holding it and it's actually quiet for people outside the room.
I won't be able to use the toy again until I know.

Also, I ordered a glass plug and it won't fit. But I know how to deal with that though. It's just this order is a disappointment so far and I really would love advice, suggestions and help from this lovely community here

The toy might hit the bathtub when it vibrates which makes the noise so loud?

Maybe buy an electric toothbrush? or say that it's an electric razor? The bathtub probably will make it louder. Put on some music too.

Thank you both, the toy isn't touching the tub, I'm making sure of that. And I don't think the sound will pass as those, it's deep and tumblr as hell. It feels amazing but I can't have people asking or knowing. I don't think music can cover it up

Rumbly* not tumblr lol

Have you tested to see how it sounds when it's above water? It's worse when used in the water?

I think I should use it out of water when people are sleeping, or in water when home alone

Does the sound carry though your body and you can hear it when using vibrators? This is my first ever time using a vibrator

Yes, I can definitely hear vibrators when in use, even luxury "quiet" ones. So it's not strange that you can hear it :)

Which toy is it?

Not many vibrators that actually work don't make a noise. Even the quiet ones.

It's the dr Joel Kaplan prostate vibrator thing
Got it for £20 with a glass plug. I love them both. I'm just having problems with sound. I could probably use it in bed when everyone is asleep, I have a fan which might mask the sound a little bit. Just, I hope that the tub and water aren't acting as an amplifier

Thanks for the advice, I guess if it's powerful, it's loud. I just really cannot relax when I think everyone in the house can hear me lol

I watched the video and I guess it sounds a bit loud. But I don't think people would hear it across a door. When you are home alone, put it on full speed and leave it in a room while you close the door and listens outside to see if it can be heard. If not, it would give you peace of mind.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, and I rly appreciate that you did some research to help me out :)
I will be sure to do that when I'm home alone. When the school year starts up I'll have a lot more alone time but for now I'll have to try and work my way up to my plugs width

Sorry to disappoint you but...

i I used my greedy girl rabbit vibe in the bath (had music on) and my hubby interrupted me to let me know that he could hear it really loud from downstairs whilst he had the tv on! He wasn't complaining though, just wanted to watch ;)

luckily he told me just before we had an unexpected visitor so that saved the embarrassment of that!

No problem :)

Ah okay, so I'm guessing the bath is a no go :( okay, thanks for letting me know, will have to try in bed then I think

I guess I could use it with the battery out, it hits the spot perfectly I could probably get good results without the vibrations

Maybe test it by turning it on and leaving the room and seeing how loud it is from outside the room?