Is Selling old (but clean) sex toys ok?

Hey :smiling_face::heartpulse:

I have several sex toys that still work well or have hardly been used and finally having a clear out to keep only what I use and upgrading my wand (because I need a smaller one :joy:).

But I hate the idea of them ending up on landfill and don’t know if recycling will help that much environment wise……

So I was thinking is selling used but clean sex toys a thing? Or is that nasty or….?
I cleaned them every time and keep them in boxes….need advice. Don’t just want to stick them on Ebay or depop if that’s wrong or weird.

Items:
Knickers remote control desire vibrator
Fifty shades remote control egg vibrator
Metal keel balls fifty shades
Broad city mini vibrator
Fun factory small vibrator
Love honey mains wand black
Silicone butt plug (never used)

1 Like

Following this as also in same situation

1 Like

According to eBay policy sex toys need to be new in original packaging so not used. Since there are sites for selling used underwear I expect there may also be people interested in used sex toys but expect they may not want them to be clean.Restricted adult items policy | eBay

Ah ok that makes sense so no eBay thank you :relaxed: Just hate the idea of throwing away something that’s still near to new just because I used once or twice :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I sold our used Sybian and all its attachments on eBay. In the description I explained that they had all been cleaned and sterilised but that I fully understood that the buyer might want to buy replacements. It sold very quickly .

1 Like

As long as the products can be fully sterilised; then there is a lucrative market for used toys; so anything made of silicone, glass, metal etc.

Anything made it PVC, Jelly, TPE/TPR etc should
Not be resold as they cannot be fully sterilised.

1 Like

There is a sub Reddit that you can sell used, sterilisable toys on

1 Like

That is awesome thank you :smile: any chance you have the link….don’t know if you can post links in here but if not all good :smile: x

That is interesting :thinking: As far as I can tell 90% of th ones I list d can so sterilised ( would you agree? Just me checking :two_hearts:) so might give that a try and then recycle or use the Reddit thread for the rest.

I think there should be some sort of outlet to what you could use to pass on some of these beloved toys, not sure I can think of any off the top but defo try doing a search on it.

Alternatively I often have funny visions of them being donated to homeless people or to Africa haha :joy:

1 Like

I’d buy but previous Lovehoney surveys have said
“Nu uh”

1 Like

Would be rich i think if we could sell what we dont use anymore

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

I mentioned this a a forum before i think its a good idea as long as clean