Is the Adam and Eve 8 inch pleasureskin dildo phthalate free?

I know in the Lovehoney item description it says it does contain them but I've looked at several other websites that have said the opposite. So which one is right?

Also the item page says it's made out of rubber but then lovehoney also says it's made out of realistic feel material on another page. Very confusing!

After reading people raving about this dildo I wanted to save up my points for it but I like to know what a toy is officially made of before buying it you know? So that I know for sure it's skin safe and that I clean it correctly (I was told you had to "dust" realistic material?)

PleasureSkin is a registered name for a variation of thermoplastic elastomer made to mimic real skin, so essentialy it is some sort of rubber (just more realistic than other types). Some PleasureSkin products may contain phthlates but some don't, no idea if this does though.

What I do know is that realistic materials like PleasureSkin are very porous, so they cannot be sterilised, should only be used with waterbased lubricants and it's safer to use with a condom on. Also, they do require some maintenance: applying cornstarch after use and cleaning so that the material doesn't become sticky.

Hope this helps. You can also contact customer services, they're very helpful

Thanks for the info! ah so you need a condom for this kind of dildo? Is there something else that feels as good as this popular one that I would be able to use on its own without using condoms? Something that's easier to clean? I'm really keen to get something more life-like and girthy to add to my collection.

Silicone realistic dildos are the safest you can find (they can be sterilised too) so you don't need to put a condom on, they're pricey but very durable. I'd recommend some silicone realistic ones such as these (I personally love the look of the fleshjack and tantus ones):

http://tinyurl.com/82l5bzn

If price is an issue though, you could go for the ones made of skin safe rubber (free of latex or phthlates):

http://tinyurl.com/7tmkjf8