Is there specific algorithms used on the LH forum that determins what members you most often see posts of.?

Does anyone find they seem to be in a LH forum sub group and find themselves interacting with a regular group of members.

1 Like

No I don’t think I do. I think more of your regular members pop up more because they simply interact more on the forum.

2 Likes

Ok…just wondered. Maybe im subconsciously zoning in on specific members ive struck up an accord with.?

1 Like

If you follow any members then you’ll get notifications when they post. Other than that, maybe just the people you interact with more are just more involved than others.

2 Likes

@JoCat . Yes probably right…i just wndered. On certain subjects i come across random members i hadnt seen previously.
I know other social media platforms use algorithms, so i thought perhaps LH did as well.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any algorithms, I am a regular member of the forum so seem to see all posts.

1 Like

Maybe a mix of both for me but I do think it’s just cause of the ones who regularly contribute

@Iwill. Message boards like this don’t work like so-called social media. They are totally based on latest activity. If you go to the bottom of this post you will see a grey outline of a heart on the bottom left. If you click on that it will turn red, but nothing happens other than me being notified in a side bar that you “liked” my message. No one gets paid. ads don’t change, and it is no more noticable on the main forum page.

If you are looking for info click on the magnifying glass at the top of the page. Type in what you are interested like say nipple clamps. It will give you a long list of past discussions. Say you find one you like, if you reply, it will bump it to the top of the list even if it’s from 2021. New topics are also at the top. What you are seeing is active discussions repeatedly being bumped to the top based on activity.

Hope that helps…

1 Like

Ok thanks…i was just curious.