Itching after wand use

This is embarrasing but here goes

Bought a magic wand recently. Flatmate was away for the weekend so proceeded to use it till I could barely walk.

Later that week I started getting itchy around my vulva area, I thought it was thrush and even went to my local sexual health centre, where they did a swab and found no thrush. I didn't put two and two together and bought emmolient creams, non-bio washing powders etc. thinking it was that. Then I had an epiphany that my wand may be the culprit.

Is this anything anyone has experienced before? Is there anything I can do about it? I adore the wand and it'll have to be pulled out of my cold dead hands, but I also don't like having itchy bits.

Hi there,

I have a magic wand which hasn't caused any issues apart from redness and swelling which is temporary and due to vigorous use. 😜

I'm wondering if you used lube as it's more likely that, that could be the cause.

Another alternative would be to keep knickers on so you aren't getting direct contact or slip a condom over the head of the wand (although I'm not sure if the latter option would work).

I know what you mean I could never give my wand up 😜

Very strange that an actual wand could do this, have you considered the lubricant (if any) you used? This is way more likely to create a reaction!

I get very itchy after shaving and I use an intimate oil such as https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32911 which works amazingly.

My OH can't use certain Lubricants as it makes her itchy so we have to use non scented, sensitive skin type ones.

Could be some kind of friction burn perhaps? With the constant buzzing and vibrations on such a delicate area. Also the wand may have got hot too ? In conjunction with a lube that your vagina didnt agree with. Some revisions need to be made, perhaps go a bit lighter on the pressure of the wand, dont use the wand for so long, revise the lube you are using too (glycerin is an ingredient that must be avoided in lubes)

This wand attachment may help you https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22683 as it directs the pressure to one point, as opposed to a general area.

🐼

Mrs TD had experienced something this, in her case its was an initial excessive first time use on a new vibration pattern. As much as she liked it we subsequently found that moderation on new experiences in the vibration department prevented repeated issues.

Think road worker use the tarmac breaker all day, the vibrations he will experience continue long after he finishes his shift.

Look up vibration white finger, that is the perminant condition experienced by workers such as miners, road worker and rivitors. What you have had is possiblely a tempory condition such as this. Elf and Safety industry has put limits on the useage time for the previously mention worker, maybe LH need to do likewise.

10 minutes a day perhaps.....

My gf has a Lelo wand and it's so powerful it can leave her very red and sore afterwards if she uses it too much. I think she sometimes uses it through underwear and not directly on her clit to avoid it hurting. How long were you itching for? I would've thought it would go away pretty quickly if it was friction, or like the other forum users have said could it be the lube?? I can be sensitive to certain lubricants.

I hope you get it sorted, at least you went for a check up and you're all clear - it's worth a little embarrassment for peace of mind! Did you ask your sexual health centre if they had seen people before who had reacted to a sex toy?

My first thought was that you used it for too long. Is it a mains-powered wand? If so, it shouldn't be used for more than fifteen minutes at a time because it can overheat. That may have something to do with the itching. I'd also recommend using a good, thick water-based lubricant when using a wand. If you didn't use any, that's another potential cause for the itching, as is using a lube that doesn't agree with you.

NatandTom wrote:

My first thought was that you used it for too long. Is it a mains-powered wand? If so, it shouldn't be used for more than fifteen minutes at a time because it can overheat. That may have something to do with the itching. I'd also recommend using a good, thick water-based lubricant when using a wand. If you didn't use any, that's another potential cause for the itching, as is using a lube that doesn't agree with you.

+1 I think it is about the amount of time used. If I was to use my Doxy for too long, I get a kind of electrical tingling which can last quite a while after I have finished playing. Also agree with Nat about the lube.

Thanks for all your advice guys! Yeah I may have overdone it a bit, went on a bit of a binge when I first got it. I'm also sensitive to certain soaps and things so it could have been the lube. It seems to have settled down now at least. Can't believe I ended up at the sexual health centre for masturbating too much ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

rockowl wrote:

Thanks for all your advice guys! Yeah I may have overdone it a bit, went on a bit of a binge when I first got it. I'm also sensitive to certain soaps and things so it could have been the lube. It seems to have settled down now at least. Can't believe I ended up at the sexual health centre for masturbating too much

Hi Rockowl, rest assured you're not the only one. I'm totally addicted to my magic wand and if I had the chance, probably I'd go for it all day long, it's so irresistible, isn't it? I always end up with a bit of a sore clit, but this goes away alfter a nice shower and a bit of cocounut oil, which works as well for the itching.

Like others have mentioned, a good quality lube it's essential and I also make sure the wand doesn't get too hot, I don't count 15 minutes, but I give it a break when I feel it's hot. Keep enjoying your wand cause and have fun whenever you can.