IUS (Hormone Coil)

Sorry to hear you’re still in pain. That’s awful that the doctor won’t check it, did they give you a reason for refusing? I would either try your doctor again tomorrow and insist that they do something or try phoning 111. If you’re in a lot of pain and it’s unmanageable, 111 should be able to get you an out of hours appointment or possibly an appointment with a different GP tomorrow if you didn’t want to go back to your normal doctor.

I assume you’re taking painkillers regularly and using heat pads etc? I hope you get this sorted soon xx

2 Likes

If your still in pain then my guesses are now that it’s definitely not in the correct place. They can’t refuse to take it out, it’s a foreign object in your body and you have a right to have it taken out or checked if you wished so. Please go and see other professional help and then report them for neglect. That’s awful that has happened to you.

2 Likes

Rang again they said keep taking naproxen and paracetamol and its my body getting used to
It, its unbearable.

1 Like

I never wanted it in the first place which is why im so pissed off with it.
The fact that its causing me more issues. Ive rang and rang and they keep telling me to take naproxen and paracetamol for the pain but still unbearable.

Apparently I need to give it 1-4 months as this is my only option.
They told mw use naproxen and paracetamol but not helping it whatsoever.

Surely they can’t expect you to be in pain for 4 months! Get a second opinion, ask to see a different GP, phone 111 or go to a walk in centre at your local hospital. I’m sure a coil shouldn’t cause anyone that much pain, they should at least check that there isn’t a problem with it which is causing the pain. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted x

Edit: can you take cocodomol? You can take that with Naproxen (double check this, i’m not a doctor but I was prescribed both at the same time by a doctor which is why I’m mentioning it). You can get prescription cocodomol if over the counter ones don’t work but you really have to push for it. It’s very good and worth trying if you haven’t already

1 Like

If it was me personally I’d ring 111 and see what they say, I would rather get checked out than leave it.

2 Likes

UPDATE

I went local hospital A & E they couldnt find it so got referred up to the emergency department At hospital.

After many hours It was very dislodged and the pain was so bad, after hours of waiting and everyone trying to get it the gynaecologist that was I theatre come out and managed to find ir and remove it.

My body instantly went back to normal, i feel amazing.

7 Likes

I’m so glad it’s finally been sorted for you.

1 Like

So pleased you got it sorted and are feeling better. I hope you find something that works for you x

2 Likes

Still a little pain, but i guess from Removal, bodys trying to adjust back to pill.