Just a Question...

My best friend ask me yesterday weather it was wrong or not to text someone or sext them when you either in a relationship or seeing someone, i wasnt sure what to say to her, what do you guys think?

I txt or sexting men I am in a relatioship as long as you know what she knows what shes getting in to

Depends on the type of relationship you are in. It's only fair to consider the person you are going out with and how they would feel about it. Also, it's probably a good idea for her to think about her relationship and if she is happy and satisfied with it.

Some people just enjoy being a bit flirty and maybe it's just a bit of fun with the sexting and doesn't really mean anything. But there is others that would class that as cheating. I'd suggest her to have more of a think about her circumstances tbh!

If you're keeping it a secret from your partner, then you know that it would hurt them -- and why would you want to hurt someone you care about? I don't think it's ok to send sexual texts, unless you're honest with your partner about it and they're ok with it.

I agree with what shelly said completely. If your partner is fine with it then sure, go for it. But if you're keeping it a secret then we're stepping into deception territory & in a solid relationship that just isn't good.

I always try to think how I'd feel if the tables were turned. I'd be heartbroken if I found out a partner of mine was secretly sexting other girls or anything like that. In my opinion, it's a form of cheating & I really don't like it. Far too easy for the other person to get the wrong end of the stick too, even if your intentions are innocent & just for chat.

I'd class sexting as a big no no, especially done in secret. Even if she wasn't physically cheating the implication is there

If both partners are in agreement fine but if not, don't do it!

There will be tears. SG

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

There will be tears.

Hi S-K

I'd Deffo be in tears after getting battered by my OH! :P

SG

youre best asking. im allowed to send pictures and mess around with people its quite obvious i dont like and who nothing would ever ever ever happen with but if it was someone different, even simply someone my age i wouldnt ever, dont know if my boyfriend would mind then about pictures but definitely not flirting/sexting (which i cant do anyway haha)

i discuss what pictures ill send and show him the funny texts and we have a laugh XD

Katherine* wrote:

My best friend ask me yesterday weather it was wrong or not to text someone or sext them when you either in a relationship or seeing someone, i wasnt sure what to say to her, what do you guys think?

Tell them to ask their partner. If it's o.k. with them then it's o.k. to do it and if they don't like it then it isn't.

If they don't want to tell their partner then I think they already know the answer...

shellyboo wrote:

If you're keeping it a secret from your partner, then you know that it would hurt them -- and why would you want to hurt someone you care about? I don't think it's ok to send sexual texts, unless you're honest with your partner about it and they're ok with it.

this

i class anything sexual as cheating unless someone has my express permission to do it. it really is the thoughts that count with theese kinds of things

My OH did this and when I found out it really hurt me. Why couldn't he sext with me? We've done it in the past so why did he feel the need to do this with a random woman.

I can appreciate the thrill it may bring as WE have been texting someone together and flirting with them (as a MMF 3) so I do know that it can feel good - but we are doing it not just one of us.

Back to the question above though....when seeing someone - is this just casual? If so, then I don't see a problem with sexting/texting someone else as there is no solid relationship. If you are in a relationship exclusively - be it live apart or together or married and it's all a big secret, then I think it's a big no no as it will be found out and will hurt the other person.

Well I wouldn't be happy at all. As far as I'm concerned you may as well be having sex right in front of ur partner with the person ur sexting! Not cool at all

I do it and I don't class it as cheating, although my partner doesn't know. I wouldn't mind him doing it so there you go!

Its not like full cheating but I still wouldn't be happy. For me if you wouldn't tell your partner then that sets alarm bells ringing

What is sexting? Anyone got any examples? And is it with someone you know (so it has potential in reality to escalate) or someone pretty far removed?

If my boyfriend did it I would regard it as cheating unless it was me ofc

id not be pleased but if they were from like the opposite side of the country id be alot calmer compared to it being someone they could casually go and meet in the local pub, it also depends on whats said... We all know men think about sex with others its how far they go into indulging their thoughts/fantasies.

Im allowed to sext girls as long as the OH never has to hear about it, he doesnt like it but he knows its part of what i like doing and he'd rather i was just texting than going out behind his back to meet them. As long as the other person knows its alright if not its not. But again its not cheating since well physical contact although depending on content could be emotionally cheating etc