Just a reminder

I just wanted to make a quick post as Christmas is coming very quickly and although there can be good fun times ahead some people are also struggling both financially and mentally.

For the financial side there is usually not a lot most of us can do apart from regulate our spending and not just buy over the top things just because of the season. I know many many people are having a very hard time just feeding their families and themselves so perhaps instead of buying an extra box of biscuits maybe donate some tinned food to a foodbank.

For the mental side just asking someone how they are can make the world of difference. Look through your social media and say hello to friends you have not spoken to for a while. If you use public transport say hello to the person next to you. If you see someone begging and do not want to give them money have a chat with them just to let them know you are not ignoring them even if you can not afford to give them cash or items.

Summed up be nice to people you never know how much you can help someone just by speaking to them. I know people who have had their lives saved just because someone showed an interest in them.

Have a wonderful Christmas and lets be kinder to each other.

10 Likes

Definitely… Always acknowledge the homeless, at the end of the they are human beings even if they have fallen on hard times

6 Likes

Great post @TinyTom we should all be kind and thoughtful with each other. A little chat and smile goes a long way.

1 Like