Keeping Anal Douche Clear

Hi,

I have the Lovehoney basics Anal douche and I’m finding that after a while it develops the black build up inside. From what I can tell it’s obvious the moisture that is causing this but I’m wondering how best to stop this from happening.
I’ve been shaking it out and letting it air dry but I think water still stays inside the rim of the opening.

It’s obviously no longer safe for my insides but I would like to know for future

1 Like

You could probably soak/rinse it in isopropyl alcohol or hydrogen peroxide (mixed with water to dilute) after each use or every so often :woman_shrugging: And make sure to leave the tip off until ready to use to allow maximum drying :+1:

If you want a replacement, get a silicone one then you’ll be able to boil it to disinfect.
There are also shower attachment ones, which apparently work very well

Or maybe try anal without douching? I personally don’t like douches and never use them but that’s coming from a lazy person as they are more effort than they are worth, in my eyes and opinion. Obviously not everyone is going to have the same opinion :woman_shrugging:

If you really want to use a douche, I’d suggest getting one made of silicone, like @Green_Eyed_Girl mentioned so you can properly boil and disinfect the douche.

1 Like

I’m with you on that one. I don’t douche either, I’m not a fan of it.

There’s been a few others on the forum who’ve come across this problem with cleaning their douche and other than buying a new one each time it goes foisty, I’d defo recommend investing in a shower head attachment.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of douching either, it usually ends up having a negative affect on me because I over douche, so now I just don’t do anal. Its not something I miss and I’d rather not have to stress about what I’m eating and making myself sick over it.
I use the douche the odd time but not for sex, and I’ve never noticed a build up in it. I’m definitely going to check for that!