Laser hair removal

Hi, first time poster but have viewed this forum for a while. Ive searched for related posts regarding laser hair removal (full hollywood) and people seem satisfied with results but my question is …is it painful?
Ive booked a consultation as im sick of shaving but looking for honest opinions as im a bit softer than i used to be when it comes to pain :joy:

2 Likes

Whatever you do , don’t be tempted to try using one of the new silky smooth shavingless hair removers all over Tik tok. They burn, they literally sand your skin and you end up rashes and sore skin.

I bought a laser hair remover for my husband and I’ll be honest, it hasn’t made a difference:

Hi @Peachy, I think that this topic may have been discussed in a previous thread.

Others might be able to point you in the correct direct, @Blonde_Bunny or @Sophie01 may also be able to offer advice.

Hey welcome to the forum :partying_face:
I’ve had laser done many times and pain wise it’s not too bad, more like a zap tingle but they blow cold air on to the skin as it’s being done so literally don’t feel much at all.
Of course Ned to bare in mind the hair isn’t gonna vanish after one or two treatments as it focuses on re growth cycle so over time with continued treatment you’ll notice finer hairs and less coming back.

1 Like

Don’t bother with the home laser units. I tried one for quite a few months and it made little or no difference to my hair growth. The professional I es are more powerful though so they may well do the job.

Thanks for all your replies. Ive booked in with a clinic locally just for a consultation but was more worried about pain during or after :joy:.
I dont think i could handle any “home treatments” im not that brave ha! Cant imagine ringing into work to say i cant go in cos my bits are on fire :see_no_evil:

I had Hollywood laser done at a clinic. I didn’t think it hurt, like @AJSTAR said they blow cold air at the same time so it’s more the cold that feels weird rather than it being painful. It’s also so quick that even if certain areas are a bit more sensitive it moves along quite quickly. After sessions I had no pain at all.

Do make sure you are ok financially to have as many sessions as you need. I ended up stopping at 9 because the clinic I was having them at changed their hours and it became too tricky going to appointments fitting it in around work etc. I still have some hair in places but it has massively reduced and shaving is so much easier now. I also haven’t had an ingrown hair since having laser which I’m over the moon about as this was something that really annoyed me before. I will probably get a few more at some point when I find a new clinic and I’m less busy :blush:

If you’ve ever had a Hollywood wax I personally think laser is much less painful! I would also say make sure you do your research before your consultation so you know any questions to ask like what machines they use so you can research that one specifically. They will do a questionnaire about your skin tone and hair colour - laser works better on some combinations than others so worth checking it will definitely work with your combo.

1 Like

Yes I also second on doing some research and any good clinic will give you a consultation first to do that hair questionnaire and often a skin test too :relieved:

Thanks for this. I feel better now. Ive looked into it quite a bit and a new clinic has opened locally so hopefully no issues getting booked in etc. I might play it safe and start off with under arms to test the water :joy:.

@Peachy hello welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Peachy welcome to the forum. I’ve had about 6 treatments now out of 8/10 but unfortunately had to stop due to life!!

It’s the best thing I’ve ever done and it is so quick and practically painless. It doesn’t really hurt it’s just a pingy elastic band type flick. The only one places where it really hurts are area where you have thicker/ stubbly type hair and that for me was my legs as it’s the only place I shaved.

They will do a patch test first so you should get an idea. Also I recommend no hot showers/gym or heating skin up before a session as then it will hurt- speaking from experience! My skin felt really hot and itchy after and for the next day or two but I do have very bad eczema.

Good luck, let us know how you get on it really is worth it!!

2 Likes

Hi Peachy

Yes it’s painful but no more so than waxing.
I wish I had done more laser when I was younger. The beautician told me that apparently hormonal changes from peri make laser less effective?

1 Like

Thank you. I feel much better now about it. I need to be hair free :joy: shaving so often is driving me insane. I am expecting some pain/discomfort but obviously being a sensitive area ive been worried about the after effects. Glad i finally had the courage to sign up and post after months of just reading posts

1 Like

My wife had the full works a while back. There were about 10 sessions (I think) and she said the first couple were almost totally painless, afterwards there was some pain but she said perfectly manageable and the clinic sorted her with cream for after and the give you a bit of a list of do’s and don’ts too.
As long as you go with a reputable clinic then it seems to be a really good experience and we are both :heart_eyes: extremely pleased with the results.

1 Like

My mom got me hooked on this procedure. Now I’m taking a course. And I love it!

1 Like

@cy32109 hello welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I bought an IPL device a couple of years ago from a well known brand beginning with ‘P’ (not sure if I’m allowed to mention brands here) and do a full Brazilian with it (front and back) and also do my legs, underarms and face with it too. It takes some bending into funny positions and I do the majority with my legs spread in front of a mirror (lol) but it’s amazing, totally worth the money for me!
If you can, wait for Black Friday sales because theres always decent discounts on the device.

My bikini line is totally smooth, absolutely no regrowth there, I do still get regrowth underneath but it’s very sparse and grows slow. For me it was better value than going to a professional laser place because I can do the rest of my body with it too in my own time - definitely look into it before you splash the cash :relaxed:

Both my wife and myself got full Hollywood lazer removal. A huge success, we both love it. Took 8 sessions for me, 9 for her.
Although the course lasts nearly 2 years, 7 days after the initial treatment the complete hair follicle falls out leaving you perfectly smooth. Then about a month later around half the hairs start slowly growing back. Then you have your second treatment and it all falls out again. So the results although not instant are nowhere near the over 1 year many people think it will be. And the regrowth is very fine, so there is no scratchy feeling.
I would highly recommend it.

1 Like

I think that removing hair from the body with a laser is much better and more comfortable for both the girl and the guy than using a razor every day.