Latex free, baby!

Inspired by the latex free condoms appearing on the sex toy tester list, who else has a latex allergy and which condoms do you currently use?

I used to use the Durex Avanti Ultima but I found them to be a bit desensitising.

Any tips or ideas?

My mum did, but efore condom were available in latex free she didn't use any but then again shes only had 1 sexual partner...

Id just like to point out if u ever have a gyne or doctors appointment, smear anything make them aware then they can use latex free gloves as my mum has a allergy to them too x

I have one, we use Skyns latex free which are really amazing and feel good for him but they are very expensive to buy in shops so I tend to get them in bulk.

I actually didn't know Durex we're doing latex free condoms, I'd be interest to try them cause I never got on very well with them or their lube.

They used to but stopped doing them. They are disgustingly expensive by comparison which I find really offputting!!

I'm always careful to mention my allergy at the gyn/docs. I can't blow balloons up because I break out in a rash around my lips and hands!

I use the Mates Skyns, they are really good and come in regular or large

I don't have a latex allergy but I do seem to be sensitive to certain condoms so I tend to stick to condom brands and types that I know I am ok with. I mainly use mates natural (latex) or mates skyn (Polyisoprene). Both my regular partner and I prefer Skyn condoms. They are really thin but I don't think we've ever had a breakage. They are more expensive but I think they are worth it. When my 144 pack of mates naturals is finished I think I'll pay the extra and get a 144 pack of Skyns.

I also just remembered we used a pasante unique non latex condom. All I can say is they are like no condoms I have ever tried. For a minute, I honestly thought my partner was having a joke at my expense, seeing how gullible I really was.

I'd quite like to have another try with them now the "why do you have cling film on your cock?!" effect has rubbed off.

Lovehoney stocks them http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3456

I'd recommend trying them for novelty, if nothing else.

I've not got an allergy but am highly sensitive to latex so we use Mates Skyn - happier with them than Durex Real Feel - also non latex.

I've not got an allergy but am highly sensitive to latex so we use Mates Skyn - happier with them than Durex Real Feel - also non latex.

Interesting replies and thank you all :) I'm wondering about getting some NHS free ones to try...

My wife has a Latex allergy, I think Durex Avanti were the only condoms on the market that were Latex free. We never really got on with them as they never feeling was never great.

TangledLover wrote:

My wife has a Latex allergy, I think Durex Avanti were the only condoms on the market that were Latex free. We never really got on with them as they never feeling was never great.

Yeah that was pretty much my reaction too.