Lelo liv 2

Has anyone tried the Lelo Liv 2 recently?

I’m tempted because there is a good weekend offer and I’ve had a recent introduction to this brand.

But I have a fussy fanny - prefer tapered vibes and not too bulbous. I like a lot of power but smallish toys. Love clit stimulation but want something slim and powerful to insert. Happy with length, not so keen on mega girth.

I’ve read the reviews - they vary and some see it as a bullet. Any frank thoughts from anyone who has tried it would be gratefully received as would alternative suggestions x

I have the Mona 2 and find it easy to insert and quite slim. The "bulbous" shape doesn't seem that bulbous to me and my fanny appreciates the slimmer girth lower down.

It's quite powerful and rumbly so I'd expect that of the Liv 2. My clit also likes the tip as it's quite tapered so targets it easily. I think it's this taper that makes it easy to insert.

I don't like mega girth either and Mona definitely doesn't feel that to me. I looked at Liv and Mona side-by-side and prefer how the Mona looks - but looks aren't everything.

If it helps, I don't find the Lelo silicone to be at all draggy so again that makes insertion easier.

Can you email Lovehoney and ask for their advice and maybe enquire about exchange if you don't get on with it?

Thanks, VR. I’m finding a few toys a bit tricky at the moment and I’ve just made the connection that I recently stopped taking Vagifem (hrt estrogen suppositories) so that might have caused some changes. Bloody menopause! Think I’ll start using them again to test my theory.

MsR wrote:

Thanks, VR. I’m finding a few toys a bit tricky at the moment and I’ve just made the connection that I recently stopped taking Vagifem (hrt estrogen suppositories) so that might have caused some changes. Bloody menopause! Think I’ll start using them again to test my theory.

I feel your pain with the bloody menopause.

I'd definitely start with the Vagifem again unless you're having bad side effects. I lost a very dear friend to cervical cancer a few years ago. She was having radiotherapy but needed dilators to open her vagina. She lost her husband 50-odd years ago and hadn't masturbated or had sex since then so everything had closed up.

Using dilators was painful and distressing for her. She'd never liked sex with her husband so was relieved when he died and thought masturbating was 'dirty' so never tried it.

I think this is why I'm adamant that even if I never had sex again I'd keep mastubating as long as I can and why I bang on so much about the pros of sex toys and lube to my friends. A few are currently having problems with vaginal atrophy so are using lubes daily, HRT and being very careful during sex. A few have bought slimmer steel or glass dildos (I nag. A lot!) to use with bullets and have remarked that getting aroused regularly has helped even though menopause has caused their libido to crash and it's the last thing they want to do.

I hope you get some relief of your symptoms soon and find a vibe that helps.

Thanks, and I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. Yes, vaginal health is important and there are lots of very pleasant ways of paying attention to it! Good for you for advocationg for your friends. Painful sex and loss of libido were my first menopausal signs, hence the Vagifem. It worked, with some extra help from all things Lovehoney, and my libido came bouncing back. I didn’t think I still needed it but perhaps a weekly maintenance does would be a good idea. Although I’ve got 3 kids they were all c sections, so I’m quite tight down there anyway - not always a good thing. Slimmer toys and lube daily, not just before sex, too.