Lelo Sona or Womanizer Starlet?

Hello everyone 🙋🏻‍♂️

I am looking for some recommendations from the ladies that have either used one of these products or both. They are both quite pricey so I want to get the best one.

Is there a big difference in the feeling or are they similar?
Which is better?
Any advice is appreciated.

This is my first post so I apologise if this has been asked before.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

We have the Lelo sona. It's really good but it takes a few uses before you find that sweetspot. The first couple of uses were a flop but after using it a bit everytime we played she soon found exactly where to place it to get the maximum amount of pleasure. The wife will now have multiple orgasms with it. So i can recommend it, just don't give up on it too quickly. Oh and it is beautiful to look at and just feels like pure luxury.

Hopefully someone here has both and can give you the comparison.

I haven't used the Sona, but the starlet has been here since last week and it has actually changed my life a little. It is so completely different from any other toy I've ever tried and I am basically addicted. I've used it every day at least once and it's possible it's made quite a lot of my other toys redundant (that's the only downside!!).

So this isn't a particularly objective review, or a helpful comparison, but I can definitely wholeheartedly recommend the starlet!! It's dreamy 😍

Yeah I’ve read that it can be a bit difficult to get it right at first. Great advice thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the reply Covered In Bees. Sounds like the Starlet is a handy piece of kit. I’ve wanted to get the womanizer 5000 for a while but it was just too much money to splash out for a toy. I was worried the starlet may be too basic but sounds like its just as good! Thanks again for the reply

I don’t think the two can be compared as although they are both clitoral stimulators they use different types of stimulation methods. The Sona feels like a thudding against the clitoris and it reaches all of the nerve endings below the surface whereas the Womanizers feel more like a combination of “suction” and a cool air. Both are great products but if it’s not the Cruise version of the Sona then I’d go for the Starlet!

Great now I want to get both 😂 thanks I’ll keep that in mind about the cruise, I thought the only difference between the Sonas was that the cruise kept its power longer. Decisions decisions.

The main difference between the Sona’s is that the Cruise increases in intensity when it’s pressed up against your body, allowing you to use more pressure with it and move around a little more. If I could own every clitoral toy out there I would so I see what you mean - it can be hard to choose between them!

I would reccomend the Womanizer over the Sona just as I found the Sona was too unreliable and becomes faulty a little too quickly for my liking

I've had a Womanizer and a Sona.

I got on with the Womanizer straight away - glorious orgasms served up fast and satisfying.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the Sona (though I think mine may be dodgy. It's had little use but every now and then sounds like I'm grinding the gears on an old Mini Metro! Alarming when it happens).

I've managed a few orgasms out of the Sona, but at seven minutes upwards. Very frustrating when I usually only take a minute or two. I did think it was because I was worrying about the grind noise, but I've been slow from the start with it.

I bought the Sona on the strength that it was advertised as hitting the parts other vibrators can't reach. I have a condition that's destroying my nerves so it was a kind of insurance policy for me, but I can't feel any difference tbh.

Hope you enjoy and love whichever you invest in.

I see. Both seem like good toys in their own way. I’m leaning towards the Starlet first and maybe get the Sona later. Such a hard decision and its not even for me haha! I’m sure I’ll enjoy the results though! Thanks again for the feedback

I have the Lelo Sona (not the Cruise version) and I absolutely love it! I haven't personally had any issues with it losing power mid-use. I find it powerful enough as it is, so for me I'm glad I didn't pay extra for the Cruise. That being said, it could just be that my anatomy agrees with the nozzle without me having to fiddle around too much.

Using the Lelo Sona, I've been able to achieve multiple intense orgasms within minutes of each other - something I usually struggle with.

Unfortunately I haven't yet had the pleasure of trying the Womanizer Starlet, but it's certainly on my wishlist.

This style of toy feels completely different to a vibrator, so I'd definitely recommend you give at least one of them a go! :)

Another point to think about is do you want to play with your new toy in the bath or shower? The Starlet isn't waterproof but the Sona is.

I have both a Womanizer 500 and a Sona Cruise and they are different stimulations indeed. The Sona takes a little longer to get used to using it and finding the sweet spot but once you do then you can have the most amazing O's. They are more drawn out and feel more intense to me.

I think one issue some people seem to have with the Sona (from what i've read from some reviews) is they think it shouldn't touch them when they use it. It needs to have a seal around your clit to work properly, yes the middle bit shouldn't touch you but the rim needs to and works better with a touch of lube around it to help the seal.

I have the Womanizer 500 and I tend to use that more when I want instant O's as there is no chance of having a long drawn out session with it. Again it needs a good seal to work properly but it tends to pull O's from you much much quicker than the Sona, they are powerful but somehow feel less intense.

Hope that helps a bit,

PT x

Oh and one last point - the price of the Sona will go up at some point as it is on an introductory launch price from Lelo. I can't remember when this will happen though.

The waterproof point is a good point actually. Regarding intensity, the most powerful toy we have is the lovehoney mains powered wand and my partner can’t last more than a minute with that so the sona will be better for longer sessions. Thanks for letting me know about the price increase I never knew that.

I’ve been pondering this exact same question although to be honest I already own the Sona Cruise. Bought at current offer price and then with anniversary discount ......ding dong. I’ve had it about 3 weeks now and use it most days!

I had absolutely no trouble finding the sweet spot first time. The result was almost immediate and dramatic. I gushed like I have never before...at least I really hope that’s what it is!.....I’ve subsequently found it a little harder to come with but I think that’s because I get gush anxiety lol.....once I pop it just goes on and on. But it’s still fairly quick and sometimes I think it’s too quick.....I have almost no chance to enjoy a build up if I’m not careful. And for me it’s a different type of O than what I can get with a clit vibe.....those to be frank are harder to achieve for me but I think in some respects I prefer them....they’re more physical and 'earnt' somehow, whereas the O's I get from the Sona have more of a magical feel to them and are almost outside of my control.

I don’t like patterns on my vibe toys but the patterns on the Sona, in my opinion, are absolutely amazing. And I love the fact it’s waterproof both for using in the bath and also for giving it a good clean.

But I will admit.....I am still very tempted by one of womanisers.

I think Mr & mrs Pheebs also have both.....maybe take a look at their reviews as well

We have both and for Mrs Pheebs it’s the Starlet hands down, don’t get me wrong the sona cruise is ok and it’s build is a load better and it looks nicer than the Starlet but in terms of creating orgasms there’s no real comparison. I think maybe there needs to be some sort of progression rating on the site because sometimes, something new turns up and it just drops every other review I’ve written about a similar toy by a star. Try the starlet if you’re looking at that price range, alternatively save up for the pro 40 these toys are even better under water & sold the sona cruise.

When end you get to the top of the current Womanizer range you get the W500 and the inside out. Both fantastic, both really different uses. For solo play she likes the inside out but for me penetrating her with the W500 in place is just an amazing thing to behold , brings another new level to squeeze me please me multiple orgasms.

Small Text...Mr Pheebs holds no responsibility for the promotion of orgasms beyond that of really good ones and cannot be blamed for sexual addiction, excessive climaxing, or bunking off work to play with yourself. He also takes no responsibility for family members complaining that all the micro USB cables have gone missing. Mr Pheebs recognises that the Womanizer trademark sounds like a bloke who should be on a restraining order and does not condone that sort of behaviour. Mr Pheebs is not taking backhanders from Womanizer but rather is concerned with offering honest, wholesome and toe curling advice for the benefit of people he think deserve the best on the LoveHoney forums.

An interesting question.
I don't see the Starlet and the sona as interchangeable. They're very different.

The starlet is small and offers quite a basic functionality, it's gets the OH to (usually multiple) orgasm. So yep successful toy. She has however said that the small size of It makes it difficult to hold for longer than 1 orgasm.

The sona (we have the cruise variant), is a lot quieter, offers much more functionality and the ability if it to kinda sense you pressing it into you and increase the oomph is a winning feature. It's a really nice tactile toy too, east to hold and beautiful to behold. However, the nozzle is a little on the small size, which means if your clit swells a lot during masturbation, it might not be the toy for you.

So, the basicness of the Starlet and the slightly small contact area of the cruise means that our moat used is still the satisfyer pro 2, the cruise comes in a very close second, but the generally easier to use head of the pro 2 wins.

Mr Pheebs wrote:

Small Text...Mr Pheebs holds no responsibility for the promotion of orgasms beyond that of really good ones and cannot be blamed for sexual addiction, excessive climaxing, or bunking off work to play with yourself. He also takes no responsibility for family members complaining that all the micro USB cables have gone missing. Mr Pheebs recognises that the Womanizer trademark sounds like a bloke who should be on a restraining order and does not condone that sort of behaviour. Mr Pheebs is not taking backhanders from Womanizer but rather is concerned with offering honest, wholesome and toe curling advice for the benefit of people he think deserve the best on the LoveHoney forums.

Thank you Mr.Pheebs for a much needed morning chuckle!

Hey CC

I have both... and really couldn't choose between them as both works and give me very different kind of orgasms and experiences. I do find the Lelo Sona gives me deeper more satisfying orgasms - so much so that I'm often finished after a come with her and really don't want to carry on! Her deep pulsing vibes arouse not just my immediate clitoral area, but my whole 'naughty area'...she builds me up to slow intense orgasms that really do blow my mind.!

The Starlet is more controllable, she can be turned down to a much weaker level - I cannot take the highest power - and believe me - I'm usually a right Power Queen! Her sucking and throbbing sensations are amazeballs... and very very intense! At the moment I think I prefer the Starlet, but maybe that's because she is still pretty new to me. I can orgasm with her and still carry on easily as the orgasm is intense but more centered on my clit whereas the Sona seems to give me more than just a clitoral come. I do find the Sona easier to position, but she needs to be held in that sweet spot constantly, whereas with the Starlet I like to move her around a bit.

Just to throw into the mix - have you considered the satisfier Pro2 https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36188 - another great clitoral suction toy which is waterproof? I have that one too - I really like the fact it has a longer handle so is easier for me to use on my bad days. (I don't like the colour though - wish it was prettier!)

I'm sure you'll love which-ever you choose... if you wait one will surely come on offer or buy when you get your 30% anniversary or Birthday discount - I did that with the Starlet and Satisfier - also got a discount for buying 2 toys so ended up paying much less than half price for them both

1 Like

Thanks again for the replies, very good advice (with a bit of humour thrown in haha!).

I have had a look at the Satisfier Pro 2 and I do like the longer handle, I just went for one of the 2 in question because the reviews seem more possitive. May have another think about it.

I am waiting for a decent deal to drop into my emails. I wish there were more deals for more expensive products. Although its nice of Lovehoney to offer a deal every day, half price cockrings don’t really draw me in 😂 not really a fan of cockrings.

I have the Sona cruise and various Satisfyer models and was considering the Starlet, so I've found this thread really useful. Think it'd rather save my money for the time being.