LH Lube anyone have any issues with it?

Looks like i better be super careful then, When i'm enjoying myself i'm not thinking about being careful lol

I did suggest it might be a bad batch and that i would return it thats when it was suggested to use silicone.

Does lube have a use by date?

Would it be worth asking for an exchange to the anal one

I am surprised you are being told to use silicone lube with the Hummer as its made from TPE. The Lovehoney "know your toys" page suggests that it's not compatible.

"Unlike other sex toy materials, skin-safe rubber has not undergone the same softening processes that fill it with phthalates. As well as being free of phthalates, skin-safe rubber is free from latex. By those in the know, it is also called TPE/TPR (thermoplastic elastomer/rubber). Often used in rabbit vibrators, skin-safe rubber is quite firm and provides the right amount of stimulation needed for G-Spot or P-Spot orgasms.

Compatible with: Water-based lubricants. Feel: Smooth, rubbery and firm. Smell: Slight 'nail polish' smell. Taste: Tasteless. Does not contain phthalates. Does not contain latex."

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/sex-toy-materials-phthalates-rubber-silicone/

I will see how the silicone goes, I was surprised as well when silicone was suggested when i said about returning it, maybe i should send a email rather than go on chat?

We have used this one a few times and never really had a problem with it. Although I found most lubes lately tend to dry out really quick, maybe it's this sticky weather 🤷‍♀️

I've found that some LH flavoured lubes break down after "not long" and turn watery, I have two mint ones both were opened at the same time but one is no longer useable and thrown out, this puts me off buying again, the Tracy Cox version; https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25009 I have, which is older has not suffered at all?

@ Deboy i don't think its the weather as the one place its cool is the bedroom, and the lube is in a cool place. Plus i have never had any problems like this with other lubes even in hot weather.

@ Quiet ones are worse i have never had LH own lubes this is the first so i cant comment on their other lubes, but it is a let down if thats how they are, We don't go through lube that much so a bottle last for ages we normally have Liquid Silk and we have never had problems with that no matter how long its been stored away. Should of just sticked with Liquid Silk![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif) then i could be enjoying myself.

Its not the Hummer attachment thats the problem as it dries quick on myself and feels sticky before i use the Hummer attachment.

I think i am going to send a email to Customer Service on Monday just to make sure i can use the silicone lube on the Hummer, on the instructions on the Hummer it said to use waterbased lube, but it doesn't actually say you cant use silicone lube.

Shame i forgot who i spoke to on Livechat it was a guy and he said hold on i will see what lube you can use with it then he said about. the indulge silicone, This is kind of my fault i should of said i want a waterbased one. I would of even been happy if he said i will send you the same LH lube (enjoy) Just incase it was a bad batch.

I've found it goes crusty around the lip of the bottle and dries up quite fast so it's not my preferred lube of choice. But I've not really had many problems.

I would suggest doing a small patch test with the silicone lube on the base of the hummer and seeing what happens.

I now have the silicone lube but i'm not going to use it untill i send a email on Monday just to make sure.

K&c30's wrote:

I am surprised you are being told to use silicone lube with the Hummer as its made from TPE. The Lovehoney "know your toys" page suggests that it's not compatible.

"Unlike other sex toy materials, skin-safe rubber has not undergone the same softening processes that fill it with phthalates. As well as being free of phthalates, skin-safe rubber is free from latex. By those in the know, it is also called TPE/TPR (thermoplastic elastomer/rubber). Often used in rabbit vibrators, skin-safe rubber is quite firm and provides the right amount of stimulation needed for G-Spot or P-Spot orgasms.

Compatible with: Water-based lubricants. Feel: Smooth, rubbery and firm. Smell: Slight 'nail polish' smell. Taste: Tasteless. Does not contain phthalates. Does not contain latex."

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/sex-toy-materials-phthalates-rubber-silicone/

*Thank You so much*

I sent a email and was told that silicone is not safe with the Hummer, LH sent me a discount voucher code so i will see what lube to get, also in the email it was suggested that the Sliquid is considered some of the best overall lube.

I didn't think it was... so glad you got back in touch with them before trying it and possibly destroying your brand new toy. Good luck on your hunt for some longer lasting lube.

Lube is something you need to be very specific with as it can damage toys and sometimes it’s not made for what you want. For instance we found water base lube is excellent and never had a problem with the LH enjoy lube, but for anal we tend to use an anal lubricant as it’s thicker etc but this is useless with a lot of toys and we found it too tacky for vaginal penetration. Glad you managed to get things sorted with Lovehoney, they do go above and beyond for any issues raised.

K&c30's wrote:

I didn't think it was... so glad you got back in touch with them before trying it and possibly destroying your brand new toy. Good luck on your hunt for some longer lasting lube.

TBH the times i have used Live Chat the answers has always been a bit vague, I seem to get better answers and communication when sending a email.

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

Lube is something you need to be very specific with as it can damage toys and sometimes it’s not made for what you want. For instance we found water base lube is excellent and never had a problem with the LH enjoy lube, but for anal we tend to use an anal lubricant as it’s thicker etc but this is useless with a lot of toys and we found it too tacky for vaginal penetration. Glad you managed to get things sorted with Lovehoney, they do go above and beyond for any issues raised.

I/we have always had Liquid Silk for general use, I knew silicone can damage toys, but will admit beyond that i'm a newbie. Thanks![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) I still think the LH enjoy was just a bad one, but i don't think i will be trying that one again.

NatandTom wrote:

I think it dries up quickwith the Hummer as the material it’s made from eats through lube so quickly. We use Sliquid Organics Gel with the Hummer as that is much thicker and more compatible with the attachment.

Have you tried Enjoy with other toys and had more luck?

Is this the lube you use? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39570&utm_source=lovehoney.com&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=monetateRedirect

Silicone CAN degrade tpe/tpr toys but doesn’t always, being careful with storage is important, and if your concerned do a patch test, the toy won’t melt or disintegrate from one use. That said, for anal penetration I wouldn’t use either, TPE/TPR is a porous material and after it’s been up your bum it won’t ever truly come clean and will often retain odours.

I recently the same product, but the 100ml size of LH Enjoy (not the 250ml one you linked). I've also found out it dries pretty quickly, and honestly it smells a bit too "chemically" for my liking. It's not just you.

I use this as my go to for most things and it lasts a while. : https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35809&fo_c=24&fo_k=0c94d14b180e75d9f5ec5d4031814680&fo_s=monetategb

SlimeCoveredCow wrote:

I recently the same product, but the 100ml size of LH Enjoy (not the 250ml one you linked). I've also found out it dries pretty quickly, and honestly it smells a bit too "chemically" for my liking. It's not just you.

Can't comment on the taste myself or the smell, Have you made a review yet? if it was just bought then maybe its a bad batch we have.