Lingerie: More of a gift for myself than them

How many of us use lingerie as a go to present for their partner when we all know its for ourselves more? :rofl:

Anyone done this for Christmas?

9 Likes

The best thing about that is you ladies feeling so sexy n confident in what you are wearingā€¦ nothing sexier than a beautiful confident woman,no matter what size,shape,colour or otherwiseā€¦Both sides are winnersā€‹:heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I always say that. If a man buys me lingerie, it is really for himself. Be honest with me.

6 Likes

I agree! My OH Buys me lingerie, I love it, and he does too!

3 Likes

Yep. Been guilty of that many times in the past. Much of it never got worn. These days Iā€™ll generally sit down with the wife and let her choose something, so itā€™s still a ā€˜giftā€™ as Iā€™m paying but she gets to pick it.

Of course I do still splurge without her knowing whenever thereā€™s special offers, deals and salesā€¦ :innocent: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Yes I totally agree! When I buy lingerie for my OH itā€™s definitely as much a gift for me as it is for her
If Iā€™m being honest.

I suppose is a win win for both of us really.

2 Likes

I would disagree, although it depends on the item.

Iā€™ve liked to buy my partner quality matching bra and knicker sets, all year around, not just during the festive season. I know that this is luxury they would not normally treat themselves to and generally in bigger bust sizes beautiful ā€˜everydayā€™ lingerie can be hard to find. I donā€™t mind if I rarely get to see it. It makes me happy knowing that she is loving it, even fully dressed on a trip to town on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

8 Likes

I agree and disagree on this oneā€¦. I agree that I love seeing Mrs B in the lingerie I buy her (not just at Christmas) but she will admit she loves getting treated to new lingerie and generally I know what she will like!

Been a couple of errors over the years but she appreciates me making the effort so odd error is excused and will probably spark conversation of why it was wrong, so learning experience! She has still worn the ā€˜mistakesā€™ when it was discussed and explained why I bought it!

Also I made the mistake one year of not buying lingerie for Christmas and boy did I get into trouble!! :rofl:

So yes agree and also disagree!!

4 Likes

Hi @Brambles. I guess it depends on the people. We look at it as I am being treated as I get to look at my partner in a sexy outfit, with the added bonus of her feeling sexy as I admire her.

In terms of doing it this Christmas, Iā€™m going to my parents with the kids this year. Might be a bit awkward as sheā€™s opening it haha :rofl:. I do get that we would just open it in the bedroom but that is no different to how we order it normally.

Happy Christmas to you :grinning:

2 Likes

I love lingerie I always feel sexy in it. I often buy for myself and say its a present for him when its really for me !

7 Likes

My wife buys a lot of lingerie for herself Iā€™d actually say itā€™s becoming a good obsession of hers as I love seeing her in it. She likes wearing it and enjoys uploading images onto the forum.

1 Like

I hate clowns. If I were to buy my wife a clown suit, that wouldnā€™t make alot of sense. I wouldnā€™t wear the clown suit myself as a clown hater, so of course, in this case, the lingerie is mainly for meā€¦ Iā€™m the one looking at it, undoing it and getting turned on by it. However, I love wearing new things, outer and underwear so I get the excitement felt by some women wearing it. I think if I was my SO I would wear lacy and hot stuff all the time - then I would sell it like @Bex84 and @Blonde_Bunny . Even if you donā€™t like it, just masterbate and cum in it and put it on the marketā€¦ at least it pays for itselfā€¦!

I was definitely influenced by the model showing it when I first (ignorantly) would shop for what I wanted to see in ā€œreal lifeā€. However, I think I got tired of wasting money on stuff that looked better online than was actually going to make a real life appearance on Mrs. Val. I have gotten wiser but still like the intricate, lacy, delicate and complicated items that arenā€™t for every body shape. I feel that lingerie is very artistic and a catalyst for inner beauty regardless of shape and size.

If a man or woman feels good in it, it will definitely appear out of the drawer or closet more often than some crazy contraption that is more aggravating than sexy.

Hats off to you gals (and guys) for going the extra mile for our eyes and touch. It is a great addition to the wardrobe and I truly applaud the effort that goes into making it, buying it and making it work in the bedroom and elsewhereā€¦ :beers:

4 Likes

I hope you ladies feel as sexy as you look in it. Would you prefer to pick your own style or be surprised with it?

2 Likes

I buy lingerie for myself as my husband never gets the hint when I mention about wanting something . He likes to save money where as I like to spend it by treating myself :blush:

6 Likes

I buy lingerie as a gift for myselfā€¦but then I am single and love to wear it myselfā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m single so I donā€™t actually have anyone to wear it for, but Iā€™ve just bought some because it makes me feel sexy! I canā€™t miss out on that feeling just because Iā€™m single, I love it!

6 Likes

I love lingerie however I get it :rofl:
I could never have enough!
I love it all, bodystocking, bras & knickers, stockings, corsets and basques.
I have to admit enjoying crotchless items too just so the lingerie gets to enjoy the whole experience of wearing before removal :smirk:

4 Likes

ā€œnothing sexier than a beautiful confident woman,no matter what size,shape,colour or otherwiseā€

I couldnā€™t agree more. And wished others, men and women, thought the same way about themselves. We are what we are so be proud of it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m definitely guilty of buying Mrs H beautiful lingerie as a gift for both of us.

I love to see, and know what she is wearing under her outer wear. She always looks stunningly sexy and I always compliment her.

Iā€™m also pleased that when she is wearing her sexy lingerie that she feels empowered and confident knowing the effect it has on me.

5 Likes

Sort of, I know my better half would never go buy stuff, so I buy what I think she would like and wear (which see does on occasions)

Your probably right though, itā€™s a gift for both, for me to see how sexy she is with it on, and my wife to feel great wearing it (and looking great!)

3 Likes