Lingerie Reviews

Wowsers! Just noticed a huge influx of lingerie reviews (and nothing to do with the tester samples!) and just wanted to say how pleased I was to see them. (Geek... )

I think lingerie reviews are really important - helping people choose the right sizes and get an idea if it'd accentuate the postiives and skim the wobbly bits.

Hopefully this will pave the way for more lingerie testers in future!

I noticed these too Alice, It's great to see lingerie being reviewed more now!

I just hope the Erotica starts to have the influx of reviews too! It seems to be an area in which people neglect on the review front!

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

Wowsers! Just noticed a huge influx of lingerie reviews (and nothing to do with the tester samples!) and just wanted to say how pleased I was to see them. (Geek... External Media)

I think lingerie reviews are really important - helping people choose the right sizes and get an idea if it'd accentuate the postiives and skim the wobbly bits.

I noticed it too, though I have reviewed a lot of lingerie this past week, and plan to review more today and tomorrow on top of the item you sent out from the seven til midnight range.

Though I feel my reviews might be a bit too long which might put people off. I'm not really sure what people look for when reading lingerie reviews, it's also I buy lingerie as I love it rather than it just for a sexy night so I like to pay more attention on the quility.

I find it really important to read a review on lingerie. It really does make a difference to just drooling at one to actually making the purchase.

I have quite a few lingerie items I have yet to review but they're on my list. I really love writing the reviews of some lingerie products that I am especially impressed with.

And yes, Lingerie testers FTW! =]

xXx

Definitely a good thing! Think they tend to go unreviewed more often than toys because they're a little harder to say anything objective, or at least on the surface it seems that way. But the reviews mean even more there than with the toys, in my view, because sizings are so varied (a Large in one brand/style will be totally different to a Large in another) and flat numbers alone don't really mean enough: I want to see someone say "I have [x body type] and this looked awesome/fine/hideous on me" so I can try and relate that in real terms to my own shape and size.

The pictures really help, too, because even the bad-lighting, low quality, less than perfect angle shots show better how the stuff will look outside of a photo studio. Props to LH, they seem to use much less plasticy models than the average, but they're still better proportioned than most of us. I like seeing the 'studio' pics and then one or two 'real' pics to get a good idea in my head of how it will actually look on me.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

Wowsers! Just noticed a huge influx of lingerie reviews (and nothing to do with the tester samples!) and just wanted to say how pleased I was to see them. (Geek... External Media)

I noticed it too, though I have reviewed a lot of lingerie this past week, and plan to review more today and tomorrow on top of the item you sent out from the seven til midnight range.

Though I feel my reviews might be a bit too long which might put people off. I'm not really sure what people look for when reading lingerie reviews, it's also I buy lingerie as I love it rather than it just for a sexy night so I like to pay more attention on the quility.

The longer the better as far as I'm concerned! Lots of people have specific things theyre after with lingerie (something that fits small boobs/is flattering on the stomach/great for shorter people etc etc) so I think the more you write the more chance you have of answering the questions they have in their mind when shopping. Especially when it comes to sizing.

I also love it when people add picures with their reviews- getting to see a regular photograph of it on an everyday girl is soo helpful and usually persuades me to buy things more than the model photographs do. Hoping lots of the people who got testers today take some pics:)

Another who thinks it's a great idea! Sizing can be so hit and miss and it really helps especially for forum members when you can find people of a similar shape and size.

WandA wrote:

Another who thinks it's a great idea! Sizing can be so hit and miss and it really helps especially for forum members when you can find people of a similar shape and size.

This is a great point - I look for reviews on lingerie from people on the forums who've a similar body shape to me - especially one size items! I won't buy a one sizer without seeing a review on it (which is especially why I love the new thing of lingerie testers because it gives me more choice when purchasing!)

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

WandA wrote:

This is a great point - I look for reviews on lingerie from people on the forums who've a similar body shape to me - especially one size items! I won't buy a one sizer without seeing a review on it (which is especially why I love the new thing of lingerie testers because it gives me more choice when purchasing!)

Adx

Same, it's great to hear from members what the texture is like and other things that don't come across on the internet.

I've just order a set which I was going to review when it arrived - it's arrived and I hate it

It does nothing for my size/shape at all and quite frankly has just made me feel really fat.

I wasn't going to review it but think I will now (as the set itself is gorgeous) it's just the sizing in the hope no-one else feels defalted like I have.....

LittleKitty wrote:

I've just order a set which I was going to review when it arrived - it's arrived and I hate it External Media

It does nothing for my size/shape at all and quite frankly has just made me feel really fat.

I wasn't going to review it but think I will now (as the set itself is gorgeous) it's just the sizing in the hope no-one else feels defalted like I have.....

Defalted or deflated - you decide lol

LittleKitty wrote:

I've just order a set which I was going to review when it arrived - it's arrived and I hate it External Media

All feedback is useful as long as you give an explanation. Negative reviews can tell someone why a product may even work for them if not for you.

Shame it didn't work for you. You have an amazing figure! x

Thanks Tigerlilies - I was just so disappointed as its been on my wishlist for ages.

I'll review it, when I feel less frustrated with it not fitting

WandA wrote:

Hey Alice! *whistles*

This ^^^ is a really good idea, although it may involve a little (mountain of) extra work for you guys... how about regular reviewers actually putting their measurements or body shapes in a profile page, so that customers can read the reviews in context? This would work for all toys, not just lingerie. I'd imagine particularly useful with cockrings too - the trouble I've had working out what the stated sizes actually mean in terms of fit and tightness!

Once customers find a reviewer with a similar body type / kink preference they could select those OAers as their "preferred reviewers", and have those reviews pop up first (if they exist) on any further item they view.

Web Dev guys - please don't hate me! External Media

MrMr

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

I didn't get anything to test, but my lovely Husband suprized me on Valentines with a set for me, and a little something for him. I have previously held back from buying lingerie from here primarily because of sizing. Though I appreciate your returns service is fab, the 'one size fits most' statement that appears on many of the styles I like has put me off.

I was really pleasantly suprized to find that the 'one size fits most' set my gorgeous Husband treated me to actually fitted me!

Reviews that comment on how something fits/sizing would be most helpful to me as they would help me to make a decision in future.

In my review I added my dress size (curvy size 12!) and whilst I appreciate not everyone wants to broadcast their dress size, I think it would be really helpful for people to comment in relation to how a lingerie item compares size wise to a regular shop size... Hope that waffling makes sense!

So please ladies and gents, if you can, include your usual dress/waist size in a review, because I am sure that'd help many of us to get a better picture of whether an item will fit or not!

MrsPx

Aye, I do tend to try and give at least the vaguest idea of my size: numbers often don't work too well because I change depending on where the 'focus' of the fit is (even pants, if it goes by hips, I'm a 12, and if it's by waist, I'm a 10, and once you start factoring boobs and height in, I'm naffed, my wardrobe has everything from an 8 to a 16 in there!). But even in general terms it can help, eg with stockings, having short legs and chunky thighs gets a mention when I see if something stretches enough or too much, or if the tops dig into the flesh and make rolls, or whatever. Plus, pictures whenever possible. Actually had a fun time with the OH and his camera last night for the review item: lots were blurry or had me making nutty faces, but think one or two will be making it up, and can help emphasise the points I'll be making in the review regarding how well it held larger breasts and so forth (definitely love that little number, and would have been one that, without a review, I'd have assumed would be useless to my body type, but looks amazing on me, so there ya go!).

OK - well I reviewed the set even though it didn't fit me and I did what BB suggested and indicated my body size.

I hope the review is OK

Reviews submitted can't wait to share them.

Loving those paisley lace knickers, Loves Huni.

LittleKitty wrote:

Thanks Tigerlilies - I was just so disappointed as its been on my wishlist for ages.

I'll review it, when I feel less frustrated with it not fitting External Media

I reviewed a beautiful item- that made my boobs look really daft- all it's plus points are still valid, and what doesn't work for me will be perfect for someone else. Also, the fact refunds are so easy with LH matters, I've been badly stung by another company. I read a review weeks ago which mentioned fast delivery and a brilliant refund policy, it's what prompted my first order.