Lingerie storage

I got carried away a bit with my recent orders - does anybody have a brilliant idea for painless lingerie storage? Painless meaning without buying new furniture... So far the day-to-day knickers are in one drawer, the special ones in another, the bras in a third. All the drawers are full, and my last order hasn't even arrived yet. And I'd need a means to keep the bras separate from each other, as there's now quite a few delicate lacy ones.

Have you tried layering them over a hanger in the wardrobe? Like, the part between the cups goes over the lower plastic bar of triangular hangers, it keeps their shape better and you can get 5 or 6 per hanger.

Yeah. It gets to be a nightmare when lace gets tangled! VirginAngel: that is a great suggestion. Might have to try it!

I actually hang most of my stuff up because I live on my own and don't really need to worry about people finding my outfits but when I go to my parent's home I like to keep mine in separate storage bags. You can get them cheap anywhere (I mean if you're on a serious budget shopping bags would do it!) but Lovehoney now has these adorable lacey bags which I live by: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34616.

Hey

I have an vintage suitcase - cost me pennies at a vintage fair- I keep this under my bed with the lacey lingerie in bags.

I need as much space as possible as I have a small house so this is a good work around and as it is vintage does not look like im stuffing things under the bed to hide the mess ( which I may also be guilty of shh ) ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Yep suitcase under the bed is my current fix too, so I can hide my excesive lingerie collection, allthough some of nicer corsets and babydolls are hung up with the rest of my clothes.

For things like chemises and babydolls I just hang them up in my wardrobe on a hanger (you can put dress covers over them if they're delicate) and for bras I store them in Lovehoney toy storage bags and hang them on a hanger that already has clothes on it.

The hanger ideas are good in theory (I especially like the 5 bras on the bottom bar of a triangle hanger) - in practice my wardrobe is overfull already. Under the bed is full of LH boxes - after all I might need them to return an item...

But I managed to empty another drawer, and I've found clipsable organiser inserts on the Ikea website that might work (hopefully I'll get a chance to go there Monday). Corsets will go into a cardboard box on a shelf in the wardrobe (the box is actually bigger than the plastic drawers Ikea makes), hopefully there won't be too many of them.

So I think the immediate crisis has passed - now if only my shipment would arrive. Grrr....

VirginAngel wrote:

Have you tried layering them over a hanger in the wardrobe? Like, the part between the cups goes over the lower plastic bar of triangular hangers, it keeps their shape better and you can get 5 or 6 per hanger.

forget the triangular hanger go for a trouser hanger (with the clips) and hang them either side by the shoulder strap or you can use them for knickers they work really well

if you are short of wardrobe space get some space saver hangers essentially a plastic strip with 5 or so holes for hangers two hooks either end hang these vertically and you can save yourself a lot of space i've used them for years