Lingerie too big - advice?

I brought a small bra from Love Honey but even on the tightest/smallest strap length it’s too baggy for me. I had to cut the labels off to open it so I can no longer return it. I don’t mind - it would just be nice to wear it. Does anyone have any tips or help on making the straps even tighter/smaller? Follow up question: how (and how often) do you wash crotchless underwear? I’ll admit I’m a newbie to lingerie and that type of material, I don’t think a washing machine will cut it...

Hand wash after each wear with a gentle laundry liquid. Air-dry. If it is something like a body you could get away with just washing the crotch area rather than the whole thing each time?

I'm no good at altering clothing but you could ask Lovehoney for advice - they are friendly and approachable and the Live Chat might be a good place to start. Depending on which labels have been cut you might still be able to get a refund or exchange.

Good luck!

I wear plus size bras, but sometimes need to make the straps or band even tighter. What works best is sewing them. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I do it by hand but make sure to go over at least 3-4 times so it's sturdy.

Since the material might stretch over time, I make so that it fits me perfectly with the straps at their longest and the band fastened on the outer ''line of metal loops'' (sorry, I don't remember the proper word for that)

As for crotchless underwear, I wash them as often as I'd wasch regular ones. Since I almost always wear them during sex, they go into the laundry bin right after. Hand-washing is always kinder, and you should not put them in the dryer. I'm too lazy to hand-wash, so I put them in a lingerie washing bag and on the ''handwash'' setting in my washing machine, along with other sensitive clothes. I then hang them up and let them air-dry.

There's a Lovehoney guide on how to care for your lingerie that you might find useful. 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/buyers-guide/lingerie-care-guide/

I hand-wash and baby shampoo all of Mrs Chimp's stuff. I tried to pop a few bits in delicate bag once but the lace came out bobbly, so I stick with the hand-washing now.

I once put a bodystocking and a bra in together on the delicate cycle. Blonde moment. It did not end well.

Sometimes dry-cleaners offer an alteration service, if that is any help?