Lingerie without the model?

We’ve noticed in recent months that there are an increasing number of items that appear without the model to show us what the item looks like when worn.

Does this impact your decision to purchase the product? Personally we find it very difficult to visualise what it would look like when looking at the garment alone and I can’t imagine us ever purchasing a product that isn’t being modelled by a real person. We really need to see what it looks like when worn.

This is also equally important when considering the difference in body shape and size and we particularly appreciate Lovehoneys efforts in providing plus-size models so that we can understand what the clothes looks like on a plus-size body. We do not shop at any retailer that does not offer this. After all, you want to make the most of those amazing curves!

How does everyone feel? Does this massively impact your purchasing decision? Would you purchase an item of lingerie without seeing it on the model? If you are shopping plus-size, would you purchase it without seeing it on a plus-size model?

6 Likes

I’ve seen the same and scrolled away bc of it. I was just ‘window’ shopping for my saved items at the time, but it didn’t get saved.

I’m plus size, I need to see how much material there is on the side of the boob and if theres a bit of an overhang. I need to see how the cup sits and if the models breasts fill the cup or if it looks like its been retouched so theres no overflow. I need to see how much material there is covering the belly and hoochie. If I really really love it, I might add it to my saved items in the hopes that photos of models are added, but I’ll never buy something without seeing it in a photo. With some of the strappy styles you need to see where all the straps go. I’m sure people shopping for standard sizes look for similar things as I do too.

7 Likes

I am normally put off of buying something if I cannot see it on a plus size model. Being heavy up top, I find it hard to visualise how it would fit and if my boobs can be contained

Having said that I took a leap of faith last week and bought a body stocking that was not on a model. Having a bit of belly (had 2 kids) and the item being open at the boobs, I was really worried how it would look. I was really surprised though and it looked good and a friend said my bum looked squeezable in it. I will post my pics of it so other ppl can make a decision on it.

I only bought it as it was on sale and wanted to buy something to cheer myself up. I would not have bought it at full price without seeing it on a plus size model first. I love the way items look on models but I need to see how my hips and boobs would look

Lovehoney Black Corset Crotchless Open-Cup Bodystocking

8 Likes

I like that bodystocking! Bodystockings are very forgiving, I’ve not worn one in a while actually. Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

I’ve definitely noticed a lot of items that had model photos before no longer having them. Maybe some of the models no longer work for/ with the company, or maybe withdrew consent? I have no idea how modelling works, but I thought it was strange that photos are being actively removed on old items as opposed to just not uploaded on new items.

Having different models is a major selling point for us. If there is a body type, shape and size that looks similar to our bodies then we’re much more likely to buy the product. I also personally don’t support any companies that aren’t publicly inclusive online.

3 Likes

I’ve only just started buying womens knickers but I don’t buy anything that isn’t modelled.

I need to see how high the waist is and how it fits round the bum.

3 Likes

Clothing in general I’d say yes as you buy with your eyes and if you can’t see how something hangs on a real person you’re less likely to wanna risk the purchase.

1 Like