Liquid Silk for Silcone?

Hey folks, just a quick question. Even though I know liquid silk is in the water-based section, I was having a nosy through the ingredients and I noticed "Dimethicone (2% Silicone)." lurking in there.

Is the silicone in such a small amount that it is safe with silicone toys, or has this little bleeder been hiding? It's for peace of mind more than anything, cause I have a little left from a tiny bottle and my silicone toys are worth more to me than it is. A good amount more.

If you read this far thanks for pandering to my inquisitive paranoia.

Blimey - there's a question that'd not be so easy to answer. I'd say it's probably fine but I wouldn't risk it if you only have a little left.

Worth dropping the LH staff an email with the contact us link up at the top there ^^

Let us know if you find the answer!

Adx

I thought Liquid Silk was 'water based' and therefore safe for silicone based toys. Have been using it for quite a while on all the toys I have here. Good spot though, however it might have to go all the way up to manufacturer to find the answer, and that's assuming they give you the truth.

The only way to be sure is to do a spot test on a bit of silicone. Pick a toy you don't like . . .

Mr Monster wrote:

The only way to be sure is to do a spot test on a bit of silicone. Pick a toy you don't like . . .External Media

Wouldn't really be hard. I have a black ghostblaster I never use and I don't think a little of the suction base would be missed. External Media I'm just a bit lazy to go through a potentially lengthy experiement and I wouldn't really know what I was looking for. I've heard it's like swelling then the toy begins to rot, but I imagine it would take more than one application, and i'm not going to set a butt blug up in a case for the sake of science.

If any of the lovehoney staff answer in here it would be great, even if it's not being sure.

I've always avoided Liquid Silk just in case as I did in fact notice that 2% silicon content as well. However in reality it is probably safe to use with toys and I think most people here do use it with their toys but I've always avoided it for peace of mind more than anything. I doubt there is anyway we can really test if the lubricant is damaging or not.

Hi - yes it is safe to use Liquid Silk with a good quality Silicone Toy. The basic rule to follow is a Silicone Lubricant should not be used with Silicone toys but in fact there are differences in the quality of Silicone used for both toys and lubricants and this makes a difference. We even class Liquid Silk as a water based lubricant as the amount of silicone it contains is so small.

LoveHoney - Bonny wrote:

Hi - yes it is safe to use Liquid Silk with a good quality Silicone Toy. The basic rule to follow is a Silicone Lubricant should not be used with Silicone toys but in fact there are differences in the quality of Silicone used for both toys and lubricants and this makes a difference. We even class Liquid Silk as a water based lubricant as the amount of silicone it contains is so small.

Nice to get a definitive answer on this. Will have to give Liquid Silk a swirl some time once I've tried out the tester lubricant I've just picked up from the post office. In fact I'm half tempted to put the warming lubricant on my fingers after being out in that! :p

You should muz, liquid silk really is fab x

Thanks Bonny and everyone who posted. It's always nice when Lovehoney staff go out of their way to answer a question. A lot of places just wouldn't bother.

My silicone is safe! Many thanks.

we only ever use liquid silk, its the most amazing lube we have ever used and wont use anything else now.

i use it with all my toys and none of them have died :-D

Dxx