Longer spreader bar

We’ve had the sport sheets bar below for some time and it’s great but would like something to stretch a bit further.

Is this really the longest bar and if so am I the only person who enjoys being spread wide or how do you overcome this limitation.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30181

Some people have made their own out of something like a broom handle with some hooped bolts drilled through the ends. Depending on your skills you could make that look quite nice with a bit of varnish and some good quality fixings. Or you could even do a metal one if you think your DIY is up to it (though that could be too much of a stretch... 🙂)

Thanks, sounds like I wasn’t missing anything obvious then and some DIY might be needed lol

Going from the spreader bar product specs the one you've got seems to be the widest. We got the bondage boutique expandable one on a whim when it was in the Lightning Deal event (not used it a huge amount, but you have to try these things when they crop up 🙂). That one is made up of three pieces so you could replace the middle piece for a DIY longer bit to increase the length but still have the functionality of the end pieces?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33995

For the benefit of anyone else reading this, Ian was correct that you can make a nice bar to any length over and above what Lovehoney sell from an old curtain rail (which is a little more sturdy than a broom handle and often has a divider to ease storage) and a couple of nice screw-in hoop fastenings.

Not quite as stylish as the commercial offerings but effective and cheap whilst avoiding me needing to do any metalwork.

I'm glad we aren't the only ones who can't find a spreader bar long enough. We've decided that we need to improvise, so we are looking round for ideas on how to make one. There are several guides elsewhere on the internet to start with, but we're have a few ideas we are going to play with to see if they work.

Ian Chimp wrote:

Some people have made their own out of something like a broom handle with some hooped bolts drilled through the ends. Depending on your skills you could make that look quite nice with a bit of varnish and some good quality fixings. Or you could even do a metal one if you think your DIY is up to it (though that could be too much of a stretch... 🙂)

Good idea..

We love the spreader bars we have but if my partner wants to be spread wide, I tend to use two silk ropes attached to the two posts at the top of the bed and tie these around her ankles. Naturally your legs fall to leave you wide open and unable to move. We have also used furniture in the past with hand cuffs and rope which works wonders.

Personally I would go for the 2-3inch diameter bamboo poles you can buy at the garden store. Pretty easy to mount loops on and looks interesting as well as being very strong.

we use some metal washing line props with some clips at iether end as they extend easily and ate pretty long bit crude but better effect than the bought ones we have

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

We love the spreader bars we have but if my partner wants to be spread wide, I tend to use two silk ropes attached to the two posts at the top of the bed and tie these around her ankles. Naturally your legs fall to leave you wide open and unable to move.

We've used the same technique, a rope/strap round the high bed post and then use a big cuff under the knees, found this better than ankles as you can let your lower leg hang free as straight can become tired. I also had two brush handles that could go in holes in the bed frame to make stirrups which had the same effect, this allowed the other partner to do whatever they wanted to the restrained person?