Looking for some feedback on my reviews

I’ve stared at my reviews so long that I don’t know if they’re good anymore!

Would love to get some feedback and constructive criticism, the reviews are in my bio and right here :blush: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/sappho-2/

I think your reviews are already really good! I’ve had a look through the most recent few and the only thing I’d add would be a little bit of info on the packaging and presentation of the toy. I know many don’t care about that but I can assure you there’s a few like me who love how the toy is presented and love to know how you receive it, before you internally receive it that is :smile:

I rarely mention the actual postage packaging, there’s only so many ways people can say ‘discreet brown box’ and most will already know that Lovehoney’s items cum as quick as you do! :package::sweat_drops:

I don’t think I can comment too much though as I’m sure my own reviews could be improved in some ways too.

Great reviews though, keep at it!

:heart: xxx

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely take that into account.

I’ve had a look through some of your reviews too, excellent work!

Brilliant start they look good. Here are some other ideas you could maybe add.

●You could add how it cleaned/washed.
●For example the inflafable one you could say if you went all the way.
●Was it comfortable for long periods of time.
●packaging
● first impressions
●who would you recommend it for , beginners, advancd ?
● is it still going strong after how many uses.
●how did it compare to similar items you own.

If you ever review underwear I find it really helpful if the review says what size they are and what size they ordered.

You don’t have to add them all but a few ideas as these are the kind of things I look for in reviews.

4 Likes

Incredibly helpful reply, thank you!

1 Like

No worries lovely. Keep up the reviews x

1 Like

Absolutely +1 to this. Don’t try and do a 100% totally comprehensive review as it just bloats out the screen, and (personally) I end up skipping loads of it. :slightly_smiling_face: I think those kinds of reviews are more suited to blogs.

Stick to what you thought was important. :+1:

3 Likes

I think you are off to a great start. For the items you liked/disliked, you justified why you felt that way.

When I used to live with my parents, I found the noise levels and cleaning parts in a review very helpful. So I bet lots of people will be interested in that depending on their situation.

When I do reviews, I try and think of every aspect of the toy to cover like these for example:

-First impressions (Design, shape, weight, how it feels in the hand. Packaging)

• Noise levels (Is it off-puttingly loud? Could someone else hear it behind a door)

• Charging and lifespan (Is it easy or fiddly? How long will one charge give you to play with?)

• Cleaning (Is it a nightmare to clean or simple? Any tricky parts to be aware of? Is it waterproof?)

• Vibes (Buzzy or rumbly? Do they hit the spot? Patterns. Power.)

• General use (How did it feel for you? Sizing, shape, material, texture)

• Would you recommend it? If so for who?

I like pretty detailed reviews, so that’s why mine are pretty long. I want to know all about it before I fork my money over :sweat_smile:. I think it helps to read other people’s reviews to see what was useful for you and to try and include that into your own work.

@Ian_Chimp - Haha. There’s been times were I’ve hit the Lovehoney word limit and had to go back and take stuff out of my review. I’m working on that blog/vlog :joy:

2 Likes

Great advice, thank you so much! I’ll take all this in mind ^^

Me too. :slightly_smiling_face: But as long as it’s all good stuff, and not a description of general glass play, or a rambling anecdote about how glorious the box is, then I’m okay with longer ones. :slightly_smiling_face:

(it’s all personal preference though, so everyone should write whatever they fancy :+1::slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t think of a review as a stand-alone thing. Ideally it’ll be sitting with a whole host of others, so I don’t try and do all the heavy lifting myself. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Thank you people on this thread, you’re giving me good ideas for my reviews too so hopefully i can improve as well :grinning:

1 Like

I think being honest and informative are by far the best traits to aim for. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: You’ve all read reviews for toasters and washing machines, or shoes and jeans, etc. You’ll know what you like out of a review, so just try and get as close to that as you can. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

True. There’s no real right or wrong way to write a review, just your own way. If someone is looking to get picked for tester items for example, then I would say look at the reviews who have been picked in the past to give you better idea of what Lovehoney are looking for.

1 Like

I agree with all of the above. There really is no right and wrong way, just write in your own style, your own words and how you honestly feel about the product, first impressions, how you find using it, tips for using it and how you feel after.

Review length again is different for everyone. I nearly always seem to max out how much I can write on an item, not because I mean to, it’s just how it ends up and I usually have to massively edit it down just to fit it all in.

Many people love quick and simple reviews and they work really well, I think I actually read more of the short reviews, but some people like @Honey_monster and myself love to go into depth and I know many people also find these detailed lengthy reviews valuable.

I honestly I just write how I feel - it’s as simple as that for me :blush:

2 Likes

Just with extra alliteration. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m literally an alliteration lover! I’m still unsure whether to take this as a dig at me or not :smile:

1 Like

Hey Sappho
I’m loving your reviews, the chatty style and some super throw away one liners
“To be honest, I think it’s ugly as sin”
“had this toy for 8 months and the magic has never worn off”
I also like the way you aren’t afraid to rate things appropriately if they didn’t work out for you.
Good job :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I particularly enjoyed the feedback regarding the inflatable… I am currently struggling (quite contently however), with a recent dildo 9.5 from LH. I hadn’t fully understood the inflatable toys but this made it seem like something I should try. X

1 Like