Looking for some help with suspender belts

Well, I guess first off I should say I'm back (rather than try to subtly sneak my way back in)? Heya, folks! :D

So, I own this gorgeous pair of stockings: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22667 but my problem with them is that I need a suspender belt (in black) to wear with them because they're just too loose around my thighs and like to slip down quite a bit. I also would like a suspender belt because I think they're sexy and want one to wear, but the stockings make it a bit more important. :P

I looked around to see if anyone had asked this question in particular before, but nothing came up with my searching.

What I want to ask is: can anyone of you lovely people who've bought suspender belts (rather than underwear with detachable suspender straps) from Lovehoney tell me if any have metal clasps (clasps as in the bit that attaches onto your stockings)? And I would prefer it if any suggestions came in black (sorry >.<). :)

I do have a suspender belt that has plastic clasps but these I find tend to come undone easily and are a bit harder to close.

I don't mind so much on the width of the material - I'm open to any suggestions. :) I'm also open to people recommending ones that have plastic clasps if they've had good experiences with a particular suspender belt or brand; it's just that I've heard metal ones stay in place much better and have better grip, etc.

Thank you!

Morning Candied Citrus - beautiful stockings by the way....

I had a quick looksie for you on LH and found these 2 suspenders belts with metal clasps. Look like they have high reviews to. Hope these are what you are looking for :) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21667 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12024

Welcome back xx

I was going to suggest the Kiss Me Deadly range but looks like Scorpius beat me to it :)

I have one with metal clasps with a plastic rubber ball and they come undone ALL the time. NOT GOOD WHEHN OUT AND ABOUT!! I spent my whole night hoiking up my stockings and ended up looking like nora batty!!!

I'm not sure if the difference in material makes a difference???x

Scorpius12 wrote:

Morning Candied Citrus - beautiful stockings by the way....

I had a quick looksie for you on LH and found these 2 suspenders belts with metal clasps. Look like they have high reviews to. Hope these are what you are looking for :) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21667 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12024

Good morning! :) Though I guess it isn't really morning anymore... And they really are - I love them, haha! ^^

Ah, thank you for the suggestions! Both of them look lovely. :) For some reason, I didn't have a look at the Kiss Me Deadly range when I was searching last night.

Kasumi wrote:

Welcome back xx

I was going to suggest the Kiss Me Deadly range but looks like Scorpius beat me to it :)

Thank you, Kasumi! :D It's good to be back. xx And thanks for the help, regardless. It certainly seems as if the Kiss Me Deadly range comes highly recommended by people, so thank you! :)

chels18 wrote:

I have one with metal clasps with a plastic rubber ball and they come undone ALL the time. NOT GOOD WHEHN OUT AND ABOUT!! I spent my whole night hoiking up my stockings and ended up looking like nora batty!!!

I'm not sure if the difference in material makes a difference???x

Oh, really? That's not good. D: I totally know that problem with the suspender belt that I own that has plastic clips, which is really the reason I was hoping metal ones would be more secure and of better quality hold-wise. I think I'd still like to try a belt with metal clasps but I'll definitely keep in mind that it might not solve all my problems. Thank you! :D

You could be right there; it's probably more to do with the quality of the belt in general. xx

i have a plain and simple black one i bought in M&S. its works a treat for me. £8 search site for suspender belt.

Hi CC lovely to have you back! :D

I own 2 suspender belts form Lovehoney, I'm very happy with this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20647 . The clasps are plastic but they seem to work well, although I haven't worn it out for an extended period of time.

You mentioned that you're looking for a suspender belt because the stockings are slightly too big around your thighs so it may be better to get a 6 strap one rather than a 4 strap for the extra support. The Kiss Me Deadly ones look amazing, I'm sure they're worth spending that little bit extra on.

saucey21 wrote:

i have a plain and simple black one i bought in M&S. its works a treat for me. £8 search site for suspender belt.

Huh, I hadn't thought to look in M&S. To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen suspender belts in the local-ish store that I go to (and I look around the lingerie section there a lot), but I might check it out. Thanks! :)

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Hi CC lovely to have you back! :D

I own 2 suspender belts form Lovehoney, I'm very happy with this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20647 . The clasps are plastic but they seem to work well, although I haven't worn it out for an extended period of time.

You mentioned that you're looking for a suspender belt because the stockings are slightly too big around your thighs so it may be better to get a 6 strap one rather than a 4 strap for the extra support. The Kiss Me Deadly ones look amazing, I'm sure they're worth spending that little bit extra on.

Hey PPD! :D It's lovely to be back; sorry for not replying sooner, I hadn't noticed more people replied to my thread - oops!

And that one's really pretty - I'm not surprised you're happy with it. :D And, to be fair, I'm not sure how extended the periods of time I'd be wearing it for would be.

Yeah... I'm not sure if it's something to do with the design of the stockings or perhaps the ones I have, because it says they're hold-ups but the tops don't seem to be elasticated... :/ And so they stay up a little while and then start slipping down. That's a good point you make, though, about the more straps = more support - I'd not thought of that! :)

Candied Citrus wrote:

Yeah... I'm not sure if it's something to do with the design of the stockings or perhaps the ones I have, because it says they're hold-ups but the tops don't seem to be elasticated... :/ And so they stay up a little while and then start slipping down.

Which is what makes me think that it's a case of them being slightly too big for my thighs, which I'm honestly more than a little surprised about... But oh well. :/ There could, of course, be another reason; it's just that they do feel loose.

Just to expand upon what I said previously, as I'm not entirely sure I explained that properly. ^^;

I can definitely recommend any of the Kiss Me Deadly suspender belts - these are my belt of choice. They all have metal clasps, however they are silver metal.

I have the 6 strap one which I've worn under clothes when I used to have to wear 'office attire' to my last job. They kept my stockings up all day under clothes, both comfortably and securely - plus it looks awesome! I much prefer a deep suspender belt :)

Hi. I made my own. I bought the metal clasps separately and fixed them onto an existing belt after removing the existing ones. A peek of it is on my avatar.