Lots of sales! Too tempting

I have to say Love Honey really knows how to introduce temptation!

Lots of great toys are on sale, plus I get an extra 30% as it’s almost my birthday! The main issue is I’m not sure how I’d be able to hide them all as I still live at home with my parents! And I get excited to think what might be replacing them. Decisions, decisions......

Does anyone else really struggle with these type of decisions? I question when too many really is too many?

I think it’s only too many if you have multiples of the same toy that doesn’t get used! Other wise, buy on 🤘🏼

I still live at home too but I easily have over 250! My mother doesn’t hunt around my room or go through my stuff though so it doesn’t matter too much if I hide them or not

I agree with Nat, although tempting I restrain myself to buying new or better toys/lingerie rather than multiples of near identical items. It’s the new exploring nature of it I like the most.

As for a storage solution of your toys and what not, I am in a similar situation but for different reasons! My wife and I have a baby which right now isn’t a problem but once he’s old enough and nosy enough we’re no doubt going to need a incognito storage solution to keep from embarrassment!

“Dad what’s this? (Wobble wobble, buzz buzz)” 😂 I don’t want that conversation yet! 😂

I’m thinking a lockable DIY tool box would be good for me due to my handyman nature, but it might not be inconspicuous for everyone.

You could consider a lockable craft box maybe? And for ladies I’d imagine one of them locking makeup chest things would work well?

Hope that may help 😉

I do also have a haribo tin which I keep my condoms in but now I’m thinking with a young child that might be what he’ll think of opening first! 😂

Oh you’ve bought back memories of the video where this kid finds his mums double ended dildo and starts swinging it around and all you can hear is the dad laughing 😂

I struggle with this too especially when an item on my wishlist is on offer!! But I can't let myself give in to the temptation all the time otherwise I'd be ordering every week, I'd be one happy bunny until I saw the state of my bank balance 😂 I don't really have an issue with storage at the moment, but have considered some kind of lockable box just for peace of mind. Although knowing my luck I'd misplace the key 😂😂

I am aiming for one of each type so I can find out what I like best

In my first year I bought loads of everything. I think I bought something every week or so. Now I know what I like I only buy to upgrade from a basic to a luxury item. I look advantage of this sale for the Desire g spot vibe to upgrade from my power play.

Haha! I'm so tempted too, and I now have more than enough toys. I still have a wish list though, with pretty lingerie and remote control knickers. I'm so done with battery toys though, and I'll only buy rechargeable ones now.
As for storage - mine are in a bag beside my bed at the moment, but I'll get a nice lockable box at some point. Perhaps an antique stationary box, that would be inconspicuous in my old house.
My grown-up son came home the other day to find me on the sofa, reading. I thought my Mantric egg was whisper quiet, but he sat across the room and said "is that you vibrating mum?" I had to pretend it was my phone! 😂

@Gran

Hahaha. Awesome. 🙂 Do you think he realised?

I also just thought I'd say that you've got to be careful about keeping all your toys in one bag as they can react and melt together. 😧 You probably already know this but just in case you weren't aware here's a Lovehoney blog that covers the basics -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2009/06/18/sex-toy-storage/

I hadn't realised this was a thing, but luckily stumbled across the info while browsing one day. It actually solved an ongoing mystery in our house where I'd stored a load of our kid's old milk bottles and rubbery travel bibs in the same tupperware tub, which then kept getting really 'greasy' and sweaty. Now I know it was the different materials reacting together. Thanks Lovehoney. 👍

I am with you Ian, i had no idea when i first started buying. I now have lots of the LH bags so i can seperate toys by their material. I also have the LH lockable boxes which are really good and they hold a surprising amount lf stuff.

As for the sales, i am at the stage now where i want to buy as upgrades or to try something completely different to something we already have so at the moment the sale doesn't have anything for me. I did buy the Tracey cox glass dildos though as we love glass. Still waiting on the Desire beaded steel dildo to go on sale 😀

K&c30's wrote:

Still waiting on the Desire beaded steel dildo to go on sale 😀

I think they know we're waiting for it and are toying with us...

Lol i am keeping my "Beady" little eyes on it.

K&c30's wrote:

Lol i am keeping my "Beady" little eyes on it.

Waiting to get it for a steal...

There's lots of inconspicuous storage options, depending on how big a collection you have.

I have the large LH lockable storage box for my favs in my bedside drawer, it's a fab case and fits a surprising amount in.

For the rest of our (enormous) collection, we have an ottoman which I got from Dunelm at the foot of our bed which I've put a hasp and staple latch on so we can padlock it.

Thankfully I don’t have the problem with people peering through my cupboards but we do have two children that like to raid the place, so that can be a bit of a disaster, but we lock all our stuff away and we both have a key on our keyrings 😅
As for the temptation, I’m always buying stuff I shouldn’t. Think we’re getting to a point where we need to recycle 90% and start again. Sales are a weakness though!