Love Eggs - Is This Normal..?

Bough the TC Remote Egg, in DOTD. It arrived, all seemed fine. But having passed it to its intended owner, she reported it was dead, only a day later. Was going to return it as faulty, but LH Cuctomer Support suggested it might just be the battieries in the Egg. However... N type batteries are not readilty available. LH said they would send me some.

I decided to buy some as well - and these arrived today. All looked good, until I noticed the Remote was now dead too. Yes, its battery was flat. FFS.

So, to use this Egg, you need to fit ALL its batteries, use it - then remove the batteries again.... Really..?? LH say this is normal..!

I have NEVER had to do this with any other sex toy - in fact never with anything, before. Its a bit counter intuitive, for a sex toy, surely..? You want it to work - not to have to hunt for its batteries.

Is this normal for a remote egg, or are some others better...?

This TC egg is pretty useless, like this, IMHO, so it will be going back - for a refund.

Meh...

Unless the egg has an off button, like the FSOG one, yes the batteries run flat even while you're not using it, because the egg is looking for the remote, take the batteries out and keep them in the same bag as the egg and controller

Young and fun95 wrote:

Unless the egg has an off button, like the FSOG one, yes the batteries run flat even while you're not using it, because the egg is looking for the remote, take the batteries out and keep them in the same bag as the egg and controller

+1

Scorpius12 wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

+1

+2 :)

And the Remote too...??

Some toys are more on "stand by" rather than off when not in use, it's more typical of rechargeable toys but all toys wear batteries out faster when left in, not to mention they risk leaking and breaking the toy.

Hear what you say, but I have never taken batteries out of toys. With rechageable ones, you cannot in anycase. They are sealed.

Lesson Learned - do not buy cheap toys....!!

My TC egg was a nightmare too. It is currently in a box ready for recycling!

It's not about being cheap, it's just how they are. Rechargeable ones have a button on the egg but to incorporate a button on an insertable part of a toy isn't easy, so I supose it's partly cheapness

Our Tracey Cox egg also broke. We bought new batteries for both the egg and the remote, the remote light would come on but the egg did nothing.

Hah. Well, we agree then. Very, very poor, LH. This is a Bad Product, which does TC and LH no credit.

Mine is ready to return, tomorrow. Annoyed I listened to LH, on this. My instinct was it was rubbish - and so it seems.

Will LH dare to publish the factual review I just submitted....?

My first tc egg leaked weird fluid : / I got a replacement and next one are batteries went like u sd and I got new ones.. but I can't bring myself to use it as I'm worried as whatever fluid it was leaked in me :( :/ I haven't returned it as I don't wanna be a pain in the ass as I already got a replacement so it sits there and never gets used :(

Strange Days wrote:

Hah. Well, we agree then. Very, very poor, LH. This is a Bad Product, which does TC and LH no credit.

Mine is ready to return, tomorrow. Annoyed I listened to LH, on this. My instinct was it was rubbish - and so it seems.

Which egg did you actually buy? Just so I know we're talking about the same product!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22202 that's the one I'm talking bout

Strange Days wrote:

What info were you given? You'll find that's what most eggs do, unless you pay extra for a rechargeable one, it seems they're the only ones that have buttons on the egg. Of course they'll make your review live, that's the whole point of letting people leave reviews

Strange Days wrote:

Actually it is quite a good product. Ours is still working 100%. Batteries dying does not make it a bad product. And no, don't make it out to be that Lovehoney don't dare to post factual reviews. They don't post reviews about faulty products, they do post factual negative reviews. I have a few myself. And sorry, but if batteries dying was what made it such a terrible product for you then it isn't very factual...

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Yea then we are on the same page! :) We exchanged ours for a different toy (which we weren't that impressed with as well but we didn't want to be a pain in the arse either!) instead of getting a replacement though.

PBLove wrote:

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Yea then we are on the same page! :) We exchanged ours for a different toy (which we weren't that impressed with as well but we didn't want to be a pain in the arse either!) instead of getting a replacement though.

I can't bring myself to use it after it leaking... I worry it will happen again and I no the chances r it won't but... I don't no.. I just can't :(

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Strange Days wrote:

Actually it is quite a good product. Ours is still working 100%. Batteries dying does not make it a bad product. And no, don't make it out to be that Lovehoney don't dare to post factual reviews. They don't post reviews about faulty products, they do post factual negative reviews. I have a few myself. And sorry, but if batteries dying was what made it such a terrible product for you then it isn't very factual...

Well we left batteries in it just over night or a little longer and they were completely dead. If we compare this to our other toys which we've left batteries in, they've all lasted significantly longer. And then it broke completely on us. My OH and I would argue that it is quite a poor product considering it is £35, and cheaper toys that we have don't have the problem this one did. And it only has 3 and half stars from reviews, which is kinda low for the price tag.

But maybe there are just a few faulty ones and the rest are fine, I guess this makes the most sense otherwise they wouldn't be able to keep selling them.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Strange Days wrote:

+1!