Lovehoney changes

Does anyone else think that Lovehoney has changed in the last year ? The "atmosphere" seems different . The superb returns policy has changed (it's still good , by the way ) , and this forum seems to have taken a lower billing . It might be just me (I had a mental breakdown , nearly a year ago ) , but it seems more "remote" than it was . I'm not trying to start a row ,or criticise any corporate decissions ( the people running LH know more about running a company than I ever will ) , bt it just seems to me , that the Lovehoney "Golden age" has passed :-(

I think this has been the best year for me. 🙂

As you say i wouldn't criticise the business decisions, although I have been disappointed about some I have to trust they know what they are doing as a business and so far none of the changes have caused me a major problem.

In terms of the forum I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'remote', Leanne and Jess still interact often. I suppose a changing atmosphere is natural as people come and go with differing outlooks and 'agendas' for want of a better word. Moving the forum doesn't seem to have slowed down new members as we feared it might but it does feel like people don't stick around much anymore, perhaps that is what gives it a remote feel, more people just popping in to ask one question and then not being seen again. Rest assured there are still quite a few 'regulars' here and a few long missed faces returning which is lovely.

Glad you're recovered enough to come back, Weeradge.

I do miss the comfort of the 365 days guarantee, though the happiness guarantee is still excellent.

I also miss easy access to sale/new items and forum, but I enjoy the banter, tips and recommendations here.

I think it's the way that the "forum" tag has gone from the top . It's now hard to find , and I suspect , you could easily miss it , if you didn't know it was there . That said , I'm glad that it's still going on , and I'm glad to be back here .

Have to say that I've been absent from the forums for a few months and I did find it a bit difficult to locate upon my return. Quite a few of the members I enjoyed interacting with have disappeared which is a bit sad but having said that, there are lots of new Lovehoney lovelies to be friends with xx

Firstly sorry you have not been well.

A few faces have drifted from the forums, we are guilty of that, due to one of us being ill (in hospital all over Christmas and new year), but we try and pop in as often as we can. I don't really think things have changed much, get out of it what you put in

I don’t think it’s really changed that much since I joined, some people don’t come on as much but still plenty of new people joining, I still really enjoy coming on here and chatting with you all, I did prefer when the forum link was easier to access tho

Well, I certainly think the forum has slowed down a little in recent times, but I still love coming here and posting about things, and I feel I have some good friends on the forum, which is nice. This is the only forum I regularly visit.

Welcome back Terri JJ!

I'm relatively new here and I must say as I see. This is the best sextoy company I have ever dealt with, the best products available,the best most helpful kind staff, amazing service throughout,amazing easy to use , helpful website and a lovely bunch of kind forum users here :) xx

I guess I'm relatively old skool, and can remember when there was free delivery on everything, a better oh points scheme, the rabbit amnesty scheme, when reviews could be as long as i wanted and the forum was easier to find. I haven't especially liked the changes, and it's definitely pushed me away from being an active member of the community here - i mean i used to live on this site every waking hour, but then again i am on my last warning for naughtiness!

However, i still come back and make the odd purchase, and actually i now have a more healthy relationship with LH - they take less of my time and money than they used to and consequently i'm doing other things. I guess the changes are working for them as otherwise why would they bother, and it seems to be working for me too

WillC wrote:

Welcome back Terri JJ!

Thanks WillC xx

Weeradge wrote:

Does anyone else think that Lovehoney has changed in the last year ? The "atmosphere" seems different . The superb returns policy has changed (it's still good , by the way ) , and this forum seems to have taken a lower billing . It might be just me (I had a mental breakdown , nearly a year ago ) , but it seems more "remote" than it was . I'm not trying to start a row ,or criticise any corporate decissions ( the people running LH know more about running a company than I ever will ) , bt it just seems to me , that the Lovehoney "Golden age" has passed :-(

Maybe that has changed on 06/15/2018: Telemos Capital completes initial UK investment with controlling stake purchase in Lovehoney, Link: https://www.lovehoneygroup.com/press/2018/06/15/telemos-lovehoney-news/

On the pander-to-me thread the last post from LH staff has been on 25 Jul 2018, here: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1451404-pander-to-me-products-only/page-48/#p1727452 . I don't know whether they are still reading this thread. That's where LH looks detached to me.

Sum Sub wrote:

I guess I'm relatively old skool, and can remember when there was free delivery on everything, a better oh points scheme, the rabbit amnesty scheme, when reviews could be as long as i wanted and the forum was easier to find. I haven't especially liked the changes, and it's definitely pushed me away from being an active member of the community here - i mean i used to live on this site every waking hour, but then again i am on my last warning for naughtiness!

However, i still come back and make the odd purchase, and actually i now have a more healthy relationship with LH - they take less of my time and money than they used to and consequently i'm doing other things. I guess the changes are working for them as otherwise why would they bother, and it seems to be working for me too

Same. 😶

I think it's the old you can never go back thing. Nothing stays the same. I think when you come here regularly you may not notice the subtle changes but after a long period you do. I've been visiting less and contibuting less so it feels different to me too.