Lovehoney free delivery

Just interested in how free delivery offers, like the one Lovehoney currently have, affect shopping habits.

I’ve done three orders in the last week prompted by items being in sale and also having free delivery, a few items solely purchased because there wasn’t going to be a delivery charge.

Does anyone else make more impulsive purchases when delivery is free?

5 Likes

@roguesith first of I need to say love the name a the profile pic. Normally I will gradually add things that take my fancy to get free delivery and then wait until an expensive item I want is on sale or I get a good discount code.

Thank you :slight_smile:

At the moment it’s free delivery on everything so I’ve made some smaller purchases that wouldn’t hit the usual threshold.

1 Like

I buy more when the delivery is free.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve made my first order in ages because the delivery is now free again. Not having free delivery absolutely makes a massive difference to consumers and I wonder if LH have now realised this.

Big up for keeping free delivery :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

I think I’ve been incentivised to buy more overall whilst they’ve been offering free delivery - but my orders have been smaller and more frequent which has obviously cost them more.

I’ve also not bought any of the low value items in order to pad an order out to get to the free delivery threshold - which is good for me but less so for LH.

In an ideal world I’d obviously like low prices AND free delivery - but in the real world where LH have to make a profit I’d prefer lower prices and wait to batch up my purchases into fewer bigger orders - rather than have to pay higher prices to fund free delivery on everything.

To elaborate on what I said before, if I have to spend £50 to get free delivery then I usually add stockings on to get to the minimum and then the stockings are 2 for £15 so I may as well get 2 packs. So then its a good bit over £50 and that now seems expensive so I don’t buy anything.
Whereas if its free delivery I’ll buy what I actually want and buy more often.

3 Likes

I made an order for a friend, but and absolutely tempted to make one for myself, as I’ve been looking at one of the womanizers lol

1 Like

Personally I’d stop thinking about it and buy one just in case you run out of time! Failing that go for the LH rose either one will blow you away :astonished:

2 Likes

I have the rose, it’s amazing, I also saw that they have it in black now, I want that one too, it’s fits my soul :joy:

2 Likes

Oh most definitely! Which reminds me I still need to get some lube lol :laughing: