Lovehoney new flirty bra's

On a "rational level" I obviously know this is spectacularly stupid and rather childish but a small, moronic voice in my head tells me I would be more likely to try out a flirty bra if the sizes "simply" reflected the bust circumference and cup size. I have never had much body confidence (okay, forum regulars probably know I actually have zero body confidence) and falling into XXL/size 20-22 category makes me hugely... uncomfortable. I am probably (I guess only our good Lord knows what is my actual bra size, since all the calculators and ladies who do professional fitting tend to be confused by my awkwardly shaped bust - massive ribcage and "wide" boobs) 38DD, yet, right at this moment, I am sitting here in my comfortable size 14 M&S shirt. Having to go for ANYTHING with a label that says "size 20-22" makes me freak out and wish I could hide under a very big and heavy rock...

Briona87 wrote:

On a "rational level" I obviously know this is spectacularly stupid and rather childish but a small, moronic voice in my head tells me I would be more likely to try out a flirty bra if the sizes "simply" reflected the bust circumference and cup size. I have never had much body confidence (okay, forum regulars probably know I actually have zero body confidence) and falling into XXL/size 20-22 category makes me hugely... uncomfortable. I am probably (I guess only our good Lord knows what is my actual bra size, since all the calculators and ladies who do professional fitting tend to be confused by my awkwardly shaped bust - massive ribcage and "wide" boobs) 38DD, yet, right at this moment, I am sitting here in my comfortable size 14 M&S shirt. Having to go for ANYTHING with a label that says "size 20-22" makes me freak out and wish I could hide under a very big and heavy rock...

I haven't ever had this issue (my issue lies in that everything is too big for me, these bras included :( ) but try to remember that it is just a number to sort a category. You said yourself you're sat in an M&S size 14. M&S chose those numbers to classify that size, Lovehoney chose these ones. Remember that your body is the same, only the numbers change and you shouldn't feel like because in this one item you fall into a bigger size, that your world has ended. Loads of other ladies fall into that category too and rock the look, so there is no reason a bigger size should make you uncomfortable and I really hope that one day this persistent body confidence issue will be resolved, even just a little, and you can feel pride looking in a mirror, because you really do deserve that x

I apologize in advance, this rant will go OT very soon, but I feel it needs to be said:

Briona87 wrote:

"On a "rational level" I obviously know this is spectacularly stupid and rather childish but a small, moronic voice in my head tells me I would be more likely to try out a flirty bra if the sizes "simply" reflected the bust circumference and cup size. ....."

----------------------

I don't think it's stupid to be unhappy with LH sizing! I wouldn't, because I am too! As I have said above, I have no idea what to order as I find the information given in the different sizing charts completely confusing. I can't even go by the size of the knickers (though my body is conservatively proportioned) because the bikini knickers fit perfectly in L/XL whereas the boyshorts in L/XL feel as if they'd fall off. Every lingerie order I place with LH is a gamble :( (and I'm fed up with sending things back for a replacement which then doesn't fit either). It would be so much easier if they just gave the actual length of the bra's breastband! Or used standard bra sizes... Being vague about the size doesn't make the item fit better!

----------------------

popk1in wrote:

"M&S chose those numbers to classify that size, Lovehoney chose these ones."

--------------------------------

That's actually NOT okay! There are standard measurements for ready-to-made clothes sizes, and it should be impossible for a person to need a size 14 from one manufacturer and a 20/22 from another - the difference is just too big!

Once upon a time I thought I had a funny body because I had horrible difficulties finding fitting clothes (especially trousers and jackets). Then I worked in fashion and came across a size table for manufacturers giving very detailed measurements: not only breast, waist, hips, but also length of upper arm, length of lower arm, wrist circumference, inseam - lots of things you'd normally never measure. I thought "that's ridiculous, you can't standardize people like that" and started measuriing myself. Only to discover that yes, you can: I was a perfect 38 (German sizing - and that was a long time ago :(). And guess what: When I tried on good-quality clothes made by German manufacturers according to these size tables - they did fit perfectly (they just were in a price range I had never looked at before).

Now I'm really curious how that Baci corset will turn out that's on its way to me...

Aww I got mine today and am pretty sad. :( They fit perfectly around my underbust but the cup size is too small and my breasts kept spilling out eventhough I'm not really that big in that area. I'll probably try the size up and see if it's any better.

Melanthe wrote:

Aww I got mine today and am pretty sad. :( They fit perfectly around my underbust but the cup size is too small and my breasts kept spilling out eventhough I'm not really that big in that area. I'll probably try the size up and see if it's any better.

May I ask what size did you order and what's your underbust measurement? Maybe that way we'll get to some idea as to what will fit whom...

There are more reviews that have come in , these will go live tomorrow.

More are due in too so I hope that may help with the sizing dilema. 

I am sorry you are finding it hard to determine sizes in our range , there is always a small gamble with online purchases.

I find it a lot myself as I am petite but a 30F and wider hips so I know your frustration and I have had to come to terms with that some of our range just isnt suitable for me sadly ![sad|20x20](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif "sad") 

All feedback is helpful as you never know what may happen in the future and this is still a fairly a new venture for us. 

I will pop in once some more reviews come in and are set to go live so you are aware ![yes|20x20](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif "yes")

I found mine fitted rather well apart from a slight nipple position problem.

Other than that it was a nice bra.

But I don't understand why they are not in proper bra sizes, that's confusing.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

... there is always a small gamble with online purchases.

All feedback is helpful as you never know what may happen in the future and this is still a fairly a new venture for us.

I don't mind a small gamble - but I think I had to return about half of the lingerie items I ordered :(

As for the future: You could have a look at the website of what's probably your biggest competitor in France and search inspiration from their "guide des tailles": It's rather detailed (with a table: 'underbust measurements/bra size' and another one 'cup size according to over the breast measurement"), the bras are obviously made to these measurements and everything I've ordered so far has fit.

In my experience there is not much wiggle room with underwire bras: A breast band is either long enough or it hurts - the only way to combine several sizes in one bra is lots of hooks to adjust length. The underwires either fit around the breasts or they don't. The only question somewhat open to opinion is how much fabric is needed to cover the breasts ;)

Of course, the "new British" bra size system doesn't make life easier for us Continentals - all my French bras (100 B) have a label that says "UK: 38 B". The "I'm what cup size" thread made me believe that if I went into a British shop to buy a 38 B there's no guarantee it would fit :( Guess I'll have to do so in the near future...

Here is my review of the pink flirty

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34606&reviewid=149729#customer_reviews

We went on the dress to order rather than cup size ordered the 16-18 but found that to be to big on the back straps and cups didn't give much support we ordered the 12-14 and found that to be a much better fit.

OH love's them and the briefs ;p

Talia wrote:

.......Then I worked in fashion and came across a size table for manufacturers giving very detailed measurements: not only breast, waist, hips, but also length of upper arm, length of lower arm, wrist circumference, inseam - lots of things you'd normally never measure. I thought "that's ridiculous, you can't standardize people like that" and started measuriing myself. Only to discover that yes, you can: I was a perfect 38 (German sizing - and that was a long time ago :(). And guess what: When I tried on good-quality clothes made by German manufacturers according to these size tables - they did fit perfectly (they just were in a price range I had never looked at before).

I think I need that size table. It's very hard for me to find clothes that fit my bust, waist and hips well unless they have lots of stretch. Would love to know which stores would fit me best.

The flirty bra is really nice, but it wasn't the best fit on me (10/12, 32DD). I think I really need to stick with standard bra sizes for underwired bras.

Caliente wrote:

Talia wrote:

.......Then I worked in fashion and came across a size table for manufacturers giving very detailed measurements: ....

I think I need that size table. It's very hard for me to find clothes that fit my bust, waist and hips well unless they have lots of stretch. Would love to know which stores would fit me best....

No idea where you can find one online, maybe on the website of the British clothing manufacturer's association (assuming you are in the UK) - if such an association exists? As for which brand will fit you best - that's another question, and best answered by doing research: Go into the shops and try on different things.

Talia (and everyone else interested), I bought the biggest sized ones on here (XXL / 20-22) for 42D/DD breasts. The band fitted well, the cups were slightly small, will be going back sadly, as they are good value for money items. I think this size would fit up to a 42C cup, or from 38-40D down (so the guide at the end of the product description is a pretty accurate one). Hope this helps.

Talia - thanks. I found a good site that tells you what size you are in different stores and what's your best match. Basically, I need to shop in more expensive places to get the right fit.

I've got two of the flirty bra's :) the purple and the pink. I was a bit worried at first because although I'm a dress size 12/14 I have relatively big boobs (34E) so was concerned the bras would be too small for my cup size however I have found they fit great around the back (I have them on the second clasp so I have room to make them tighter or looser if I so need it) and they fit my cup size absolutely perfectly. I'd say if in doubt they are worth an order and if they don't fit it's easy enough to send them back :)

I thought these were gorgeous and wanted to pick one up but I'm with people on the sizing. I've recently been measured as a 36E and I don't think dress sizes are very trustworthy when it comes to cups. You know what it's like for women - different shop, different size. Some 12s won't cover me, some 14s drown me. Definitely going to watch the reviews before I decide I want one. Also been recommended balcony bras due to my size, which is another concern as these are most definitely plunge. Decidedly waiting for a broader spectrum of reviews. :3

Finally took the plunge. I did order one in M/L and one in L/XL, and the L/XL is the right size for people with my measurements: 85 cm/34 in underbust, 100 cm/38 in overbust. I'm surprised by how comfortable it is...

I ordered two different types, I'm a 34C and the ml fit me perfectly. Intact they look stunning, can't wait to aquire some more 😆💜xx

@ slinky binky - 34C old system (overbust measurement) or new (underbust)?

For me it's not as easy as I wrote above: Whereas the L/XL is comfortable, the M/L shows off my breasts to much better advantage. I just wonder whether it doesn't cut in so much it'll become unbearable (I hesitate to wear it for long before possibly/probably sending it back, even though I know that LH rules allow it. But still, avoid waste, and all that...)