lovense hush advice

Recently bought one of these however I have since developed a huge fear of plugs. Basically read some horror stories of them being sucked inside and hospital visits resulting.

Wondering if people have experience of these products and if my fears are totally irrational? I love the idea of the toy and the vibrations and options seem amazing but I just can’t bring myself to take the risk.

Anyone able to offer advice or tips to help me get over this as it is driving me nuts lol

Hi dirty36.

The bowel can indeed suck things right in. It's called reverse peristalsis. If there are blockages, this bodily function is the body's way to clear the blockage, but often has problematic effects. It's important, as your question suggests to have toys with a flared base or other anchor to stop this happening.

The butt has a sphincter with two strong rings of muscle to hold things in... or out. In reality it takes a fair amount of time and relaxation to get a toy like this in for the first time, and the anus will tend to want to close &grip the toy by the 'neck'.

The Lovense Hush looks completely fine for it's intended purpose and has this design feature, so I wouldn't worry if I were you. If you're new to this I'd suggest trying something smaller first to get used to the feelings though as a 5.75" circumference is pretty challenging for some. Perhaps something like this would be a good start:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40004

Stay safe & enjoy!

I second that. The lovense hush has a solid-looking flared base. Are the horror stories specifically about that toy? I can't see that one causing a problem.

They weren’t about this one specifically, but the fear has developed just the same lol

Thanks for the advice Knottydevil, not too worried about the size in general though, not new to anal play in general, but the toys I usually use either are firmly attached to something (eg fmachine) or you generally just don’t let them go in the first place lol

I’ll keep your advice in mind guys, I have seen suggestions of tying something around the base eg dental floss, is this a good or bad idea?

Please do not tie Dental Floss around it! That sounds like it could go quite wrong and be quite painful. As long as the toy has a flared base and is designed for anal play you should be okay. If you are very concerned it may be best to explore other means of play. :)

Lovehoney - Brenna wrote:

Please do not tie Dental Floss around it! That sounds like it could go quite wrong and be quite painful. As long as the toy has a flared base and is designed for anal play you should be okay. If you are very concerned it may be best to explore other means of play. :)

I did suspect as much :)

Seconding avoiding dental floss! I understand the thought of a retrieval cord, but trying to pull a stuck toy out with dental floss is dangerous. It's like cheese wire for your insides. I haven't seen sources for humans, but it's a known thing for pets to eat string and there are warnings to not try and pull things out.

Your fears stem from using items that are not designed for anal play. Properly designed anal toys will not disappear as the base will prevent it. I own the Hush and there is no risk of it disappearing. People using the lush for example should worry as there is nothing to prevent that disappearing up there.

Have to back up everything everyone says in this thread. If the toy has a proper flared base, it won't get lost inside you unless you decide to move on from a 10" dragon dildo to a 5" plug seconds apart.