Loyalty points expired, gutted!

Thinking of grabbing the odd black Friday bargain and was going to use my loyalty points but it turns out they ran out a few months ago. Gutted! Ah well, never mind.

It happens! Although I never seem to be able to rack up more than a fivers worth anyway...

Stupid question but do they expire a year from you got them or a year from when your last purchase? I'm saving mine up but maybe I shouldn't.

Thanks.

VR wrote:

Stupid question but do they expire a year from you got them or a year from when your last purchase? I'm saving mine up but maybe I shouldn't.

Thanks.

The T&Cs say:

"All Points credited to your account can be used up to 12 months after the most recent Points activity (which means earning or redeeming Points). If there is no Points activity on your account for 12 months, your Points will be deleted from your account, meaning that you can no longer redeem them against any Lovehoney orders."

πŸ‘

I should've put the link to the full Terms and Conditions. Here you go :

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-reward-scheme-terms-and-conditions/

I tend to use all mine on the next purchase - which means about Β£1 off. Not much, but adds the thrill. I don't think I'd have the discipline to collect them.

I think that's the thing to do MsR. Was saving them, but for no particular reason! Never mind.

I'm somewhere inbetween. πŸ™‚ I like to save up something like Β£5 (Β£10 is better) and then use that on top of a good sale price + coded offer to make a super-bargain. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Thanks again, Mr Chimp.

Sorry, I'm being thick but if by some miracle I didn't buy anything else for just under a year I'd still have the total amount of points I've accrued to the last purchase or just the points from the last purchase? Thanks.

Brain not doing well today ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

VR wrote:

Thanks again, Mr Chimp.

Sorry, I'm being thick but if by some miracle I didn't buy anything else for just under a year I'd still have the total amount of points I've accrued to the last purchase or just the points from the last purchase? Thanks.

Brain not doing well today

Going by the language in the T&Cs, in that situation you'd retain all your points. πŸ‘

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

Thanks again, Mr Chimp.

Brain not doing well today

Going by the language in the T&Cs, in that situation you'd retain all your points. πŸ‘

Thanks so much - again.

Can't see me being in that position, though ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

This inspired me to look at my points. I saw they were about to expire and I was planning to make an order so I did it immediately. The order was not fulfilled to the next day so my points expired. Gah.

I forgot that they now expire ☹️ Back in the old days you used to be able to save up for a couple of years or more and get good discounts. These days I'm lucky if I can get more than £6 in 12 months. I don't buy as often as I once did, but now I buy more pricier items.

Π½ΠΈΠ½Π°nin wrote:

This inspired me to look at my points. I saw they were about to expire and I was planning to make an order so I did it immediately. The order was not fulfilled to the next day so my points expired. Gah.

Have you contacted Customer Care? They may still honour them under the circumstances, if you're lucky. πŸ‘

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I forgot that they now expire ☹️ Back in the old days you used to be able to save up for a couple of years or more and get good discounts. These days I'm lucky if I can get more than £6 in 12 months. I don't buy as often as I once did, but now I buy more pricier items.

As long as you buy something at least once every 12 months any points accrued shouldn't be wiped out, so I think you can still accumulate them over a number of years. Just remember to make an annual purchase to keep them ticking over. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

I forgot points expire now, you inspired me to check and mine expired 4 days ago. Balls! Oh well.

Would be nice if there was a wee email warning that your points were about to expire.

Yeah, a reminder would be good.