Lube and all day plug wear question

I’ve read quite a few times that the bottom isn’t self lubricating, but as new newcomer to anal play and enjoying the idea of all day plug wear…

I’m just curious if there is a rough time frame as to how long something can be back there before Futher lubricant need to be applied, I get everybody is different so I was just wondering if there is a general rule of thumb…

Say after 1 hour reapply or?

Thanks in Advance for any and all responses…

It depends on a few things like how hydrated you are what lube you are using what the material of the toy is, and how experienced your are with anal play. I would say for a beginner, try it out at home first, every 15 minutes or so give the plug a gentle twist to see if it feel like it’s stuck to the internal skin a bit.

The best combo, is a glass/ metal plug and an oil based lube. the glass / metal is super slippery to start with oil based lube doesn’t dry out. Then keep extending to wear tome to see how you go. if you get ot feel the plug hs stuck, don’t panic, get some water based lube and water it down a little put some around to based of the plug. Then keep twisting, and lots of little gentle in out movement to the plug. Baring down at the same time until it loosens up.

3 Likes

Hi @AshhhDTD. I’ve left one in for about 3 hours without reapplying lube and it was fine. It was only a very small one though so it’s probably more important to reapply lube if your using a larger plug. I find a metal or glass plug is best for this since they are completely smooth and don’t seem to dry out as easily. If you are worried about things drying out you could try a silicone lube (not with a silicone toy though) or oil based lube as these last longer. I prefer a think water based one personally but someone told me that using an oil based one on the toy and a water based one on your skin gives a really nice “double glide” feel as she called it! I’ve yet to try it but it sounds good in principle. If you’re wanting to wear a plug all day, I’d definitely work up to this, try a couple of hours then three or four and so on. As always, take it out if things start to feel uncomfortable. Have fun!

Thanks peeps, I was just thinking to myself I should have mentioned if different materials would make a difference in the times…

At this stage it is very small silicon plugs and toys as I’m still very new to it all with water based lube, 4 times I’ve had things back there to be exact… Altho we do have the LH metal jewel plug that my OH bought as a surprise for herself and me… so maybe that and some silicon base lube will be my next step… For increased periods of time.

The all day wear is just something I look forward to being able to accomplish as the idea has always excited me, being at work in my office hiding a dirty little and eventually not so little secret…

2 Likes

There’s no reason you shouldn’t use a silicone plug, glass / metal is often people’s preference but whatever is more comfortable for you. Just listen to your body and take it slowly

1 Like

In my mind silicone will dry out much faster, but as @anon62893628 said if I feel I have dried out, it is very easy to fix the issue which is good to know… as I imagine if I was to panic things would get tighter and make things more difficult and it would be an endless battle lol…

Thanks for the wise words of wisdom :+1:

1 Like

Do you know not to use silicone lube with a silicone toy, it sort of acts like a solvent on the silicone.
Silicone is great for hygiene purposes compared to other soft materials, but it does drag on the skin and having to use water based lube makes drying out more of a problem. You can how ever use an oil based lube with silicone. I would wash it off with a mild soap after though to get all the oil lube off it.

If it’s a small plug, you may actually have the opposite issue, that of getting it to stay in.

The best ones for long term wear are those with a good bulb and a narrow neck so that your anus can shrink back onto the neck, to help stop pop outs. Like this one Narrow necked Butt plug

3 Likes

Yelp sure did… Could you recommend any oil based lubes that are available on the AU store?

At this very moment I’m using this
https://www.lovehoney.com.au/sex-toys/butt-plugs/non-vibrating-butt-plugs/p/roll-play-small-butt-plug-with-jiggle-ball-and-suction-cup/a32147g56648.html

So I imagine that is what your talking about with the narrow neck?

And we have the same metal one but it is just a round jewel that I’m wanting to try next… I hope…

:blush:

Yes that’s the kind of thing I meant.
I don’t know what’s on the AU site but this oil based lube is one of the ones I use, it’s sort of like petroleum jelly. This one is more like hard set honey anal lube

I little tip for you if you would like for there not to be the full URL showing up in your post when you link ( I forget to do the following sometimes though) copy the link as normal anal lube click the link symbol above, (the 2 links of a chain symbol) a pop up box will show. Past your link into the URL box, and click OK. You type the name you want for your link into the title box
and click OK. The link will show where your curser last was.

1 Like

Nice thread! I hadn’t thought to try oil-based lube for this but it’s a great idea.

I use normal lube which is always fine for about an hour, or LH anal/gel lube which is more like 2 hours: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/anal-lubes/p/lovehoney-discover-water-based-anal-lubricant-250ml/65526.html

That meets my needs so far but wearing for longer could be fun, so oil will be good to bear in mind :star_struck:

Oil based lube and metal plugs work great for me, lasts all day and no need to reapply.