Lube for use in water

Hi Guys,

Going away with th wife for a holiday in a forest and will have the use of a hot tub for sexy times.

We will be using condoms to keep the water safe(ish) but want a lube that we can use in water.

Can anyone advise?

Alex.

alone4ever wrote:

What kind of sex ? To need lube in a hot tub.

If you are into anal then any of the oil based lubes I like this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=233

But you will need oil resistant condoms. Ask customer services as I can't find you any on the site but they are made

Any water based lubes will just dissolve in a hot tub. And many women find problems using the silicone based lubes, so you would have to be sure you OH can use them for vaginal sex.

Actually, there's a lot of need for lubricant in a hot tub (bath, shower etc) for any kind of sex. Water gets in the way of natural lubrication so its almost vital if you want sex to feel nice in the tub. Without it, you might as well go in dry (ouch!!!).

I'd recommend silicone based lube. It's waterproof, hypoallergenic, compatible with condoms and all non-silicone toys, and will last ages. Just be careful you don't fall when you get in and out of the tub as the floor could get verrrrrry slippery. 

Oil based lubes tend to emulsify in water and float to the top so I wouldn't bother with those - unless you use something thick with the consistency of Vaseline, but as alone4ever says, you'll need to switch to non-latex condoms if you use oil-based lube. 

Thanks Jess. Would something like the Pjur products do?

Buy a silicone based lube buy then and I don't ser why they wouldn't do. I own this one and it's me and my bf's all time favorite lube: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=362 you don't even feel it's there but it does its job perfectly and without becoming sticky or drying out. It's also very soft on the skin (havibg sensitive skin this one is one of the only lubes that doesn't make me feel unconfortable)

Thanks.

won't condoms degrade with he heat of the hot tub?

you've been given good advice on water suitable lube but i would be very concerned about the integrity of condoms in the chemicals in the hot tub. we have been on a forrest holidays holiday and, as with their competitors, there is A LOT of chemicals in the water. I'm not particularly sensitive but dispite us not having sex and wearing a bathing suit (well botttoms) i was quite uncomfortable downstairs and we both had to shower well afterwards. I wouldnt trust a condom in there tbh and i wouldnt have sex as it would push water in a bit. and i dont think a condom would affect the effect of the water on the womans downstairs as the water will be on the outside of the condom which will then enter her.

personally i think as much as its a fantasy to have sex in a pool or hot tub its not nearly as sexy as you'd expect- like sex on the beach. but then of course tht is my own opinion

Young and fun95 wrote:

you've been given good advice on water suitable lube but i would be very concerned about the integrity of condoms in the chemicals in the hot tub. we have been on a forrest holidays holiday and, as with their competitors, there is A LOT of chemicals in the water. I'm not particularly sensitive but dispite us not having sex and wearing a bathing suit (well botttoms) i was quite uncomfortable downstairs and we both had to shower well afterwards. I wouldnt trust a condom in there tbh and i wouldnt have sex as it would push water in a bit. and i dont think a condom would affect the effect of the water on the womans downstairs as the water will be on the outside of the condom which will then enter her.

personally i think as much as its a fantasy to have sex in a pool or hot tub its not nearly as sexy as you'd expect- like sex on the beach. but then of course tht is my own opinion

sweetlove666 wrote:

won't condoms degrade with he heat of the hot tub?

I've already had sex using a condom in a shower and in a bath and in my opinion the condom made no difference and I don't think the temperature would be high enough to degrate it, but if you only rely on a condom for contraception maybe don't take the risk. In a pool it may be a different thing though as there is chlorine (plus this can be really iritating for a women's vagina and I would avoid it)