Lubes seem to sting/burn me

Hi

Me and the OH have been trying to begin with anal. We started with a liquid silk lubricant which was fine but not really helping that much. After reading reviews we bought maximus, which has really helped in general and it's good in that it doesn't need too much re-application.

However, I seem to start to sting when the lube gets inside me. It's really not a pleasant feeling (kind of feels like a bad bathroom incident is going to happen) so obviously I always want to stop when this feeling comes along. I'm always clean when we play so don't think it's that.

Any advice on why I might be experiencing this, or any other suggestions for lubes?

Thanks

Everyone on here recommends SLiquid Sassy... Ive not tried as I'm ok with lubes but apparently it's brilliant for people that suffer from sensitivity to other lubes x

Another vote for sliquid lubes here. I have sensative skin and no problems with this onewww.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25239 its my favorite lube :-)

You could be sensitive to an ingredient in the lube i used to get stinging from a lube not sold on here i've been using wicked lube and haven't had any bad reactions they have an anal lube which might be good for you

like said above, it could be an ingredient in the lube.

Stay clear of numbing, warming type lubes and stick with water based. Give lube is brilliant and it's one I get on with very well and doesn't set my allergies off

It sounds like the pain you get when youre new to anal to me. Feels like a burning, stinging ring on entry then makes you feel like you need the toilet.

i dont think its the lube. I used to feel like that but as you get used to it it gets easier!

Try putting some lube on your little finger or a very small butt plug and see if you get the same reaction on insertion.

If it isnt the lube, i would recommend the doc johnson desensitising lube. Put a little on and just inside yourself about 5 mins before you try. Apply plently of anal lube to the penis and then try it slowly. The desensitising doesnt numb you, but it takes the edge off. I found it didnt sting anymore, just felt a bit uncomfortable and strange until the penis is in. After a few times you naturally get more used to it anyway and wont feel the stinging.