Magic wand dilemma.....

Basically ever since I experienced the LH Deluxe wand a while back with a previous partner I've always wanted to get my hands on one but can't really afford it most months with other expenses etc. So what I wanted to know or try and find out is which wand matches up the closest to it. Yes I've looked at reviews of other wands but none of them are ever really compared with the LH wand so its hard to tell. I really would love one thats not far off or on par with the LH wand if any of you can help? :-)

If you are specifically looking for a mains powered wand (or a toy with the power of a mains powered wand) I am afraid you won't find any much cheaper than the Lovehoney Deluxe. There's the Doxy, but that is almost double the price and the Bodywand, which is slightly more expensive.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Deluxe is probably one of the cheapest mains powered wand I have seen in the UK that is safe to use and quality made. In other words, you might get cheap knock offs and fakes, but often they can be dangerous to use due to voltage issues or shoddy motors and such. For example, one of the reasons you don't see genuine Hitachi in the UK is because the motor was designed with a different voltage (US) than we use in the UK and they never made a UK compatible version.

I recommend signing up for Lovehoney newsletter. Every now and then they do offers (I remember one from last year where you got 20% off anything in store!) and when these crop up, it will help reduce the cost.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

Is it not possible to put a bit of money aside each month and use a discount code LH recently sent out one for 25%. earlier in the year a third party site did a 30% code which made something I wanted to buy affordable I think a couple of times I've seen the deluxe wand set as DOTD or discounted

Especially with the lovehoney wand being on the 3 for 75, it is going to be the cheapest good wand out there, but if (as fluffbags said) you sign up and wait for a discount code you could still get it even cheaper (and some other bits too)

I have four wands, and none of the battery's compare to the LH delux. I don't think you will find one out there any cheaper. Set a side some money every month and keep an eye out for special offers. Of if you ask on the forums some people might no of special discounts on other sites to save on LH.

I could save a bit each month but at the time it just slips my mind in all fairness, same with the offer emails I see them and think ooooo I'll use that then forget about it!. I saw the LH mini wand which has good reviews also. I mean obviously I know its not going to be as strong but if its not far off then I'd be more than happy with it.

I would be careful with the mini wand. I find mini wands completely different to mains wands.

At the end of the day you have a much smaller head on the wand and much weaker vibrations. So you have more concentrated vibrations. With the mains wands the huge size of them means that the vibrations are stimulating more parts at once, and hence the power of the vibrations.

I personally feel like the mini wands are great, but you'd be disapointed if you got it expecting it to be too much like the mains powered.

I have the mini. I got it first so at the time I loved it and thought it was great. However then I got the delux and nothing compared

Get the deluxe. The wand alone is £50, the kit is £75. The latter is in the three for £75 as mentioned, so its a much bigger investment for the money. Add to that the netdoctor discount? Its really not that expensive, especially for a quality vibrator. You aren't going to get better for that price, or for any less.

I adore the mini, it's still too powerful for me thoguh so I had to send my delux back because it just wasn't working for me at all. There is a 20% off voucher on net doctors. If you get the wand gift set in the 3 for £75 deal and use 20% off it comes to £60 and you get two free toys or just the wand would be £40

Yup, what they said. I would just save up for the LH one. If you can wait a little while longer I'm sure you can get an awesome deal around the holidays. Gives you some time to safe as well and I would definitely get the deluxe model over the regular one. The wand itself is the same I believe but the protective case and the g-spot extension that comes with it are definitely worth it! xx

So heres my opinion.. yes you can purchase manyyy battery operated wands and lots of them are good. Some I would describe as powerful and rumbly, but like all vibrators, each one feels slightly different and so you could read the reviews to get an idea of which one most people describe as powerful and rumbling....however, its subjective. What one person finds powerful, another (usually me to be fair lol) is whinging that it isn't strong enough.

There are many rechargeable and battery operated toys that pack a punch (nothing compared to mains powered wands, but good enough) and if this sounds like your better approach, just let us know what you are generally looking for (clit stim, internal, dual stim, deep and rumbly, shallow and buzzy, hard material, soft material etc) and we will be happy to recommend ones that may suit.

Battery operated toys (including wands) can sit anywhere on the spectrum with regards to sensations, but the chances of finding any as powerful as the mains powered wands is slim to nil. In my experience, battery operated toys have a "limit" that I am yet to find surpassed. Good rechargeable toys can surpass that limit, but then they have a limit too. The mains powered wands are really in a different league when it comes to power and the only way to get "mains powered wand powerful" is to get a mains powered wand.

I have had the Lovehoney "mini" and when I had it, like 3 years ago I liked it (Although mine kept breaking. I had to return two. I think this was extreme bad luck though as I don't hear many others comment on that) However, even though I liked it and found it "powerful", this was in comparison to many other battery operated toys. Compared to its big brother, the Deluxe, it is obviously a lot less powerful.

Theres also a site that offers you 15% off if you spend over £40 and 16% cashback which can soon add up if you buy from LH Often.

I use them regually and feel guilty at times for the amount I save but it means I can spend more, If that makes sense.

Not sure on posting other sites but I'm sure if you google it you'll find it.

Cuddlekins wrote:

Theres also a site that offers you 15% off if you spend over £40 and 16% cashback which can soon add up if you buy from LH Often.

I use them regually and feel guilty at times for the amount I save but it means I can spend more, If that makes sense.

Not sure on posting other sites but I'm sure if you google it you'll find it.

Ohhh really?! I shall have a look for that. Thanks :)

I just invested in the 3 for £75 deal as I had the white deluxe a couple of years and wanted the purple.

I set up an online savinging account with my bank and popped in a bit of money each week.

The mini is great as a stop gap.

I agree with everyone else that the Lovehoney deluxe is the best one around, and it does seem expensive but for what it is... It's worth it! You could save up a bit each week/month or try and get your hands on an offer to get money off.

Fluffbags. The UK version of the Hitachi Magic Wand is the HV-250 220-240v I think that they had them made after Betty Dodson made the 'Self Loving' video and in that she promoted the Hitachi Magic Wand. We have both an original with a 110v to 240v transformer and seperate speed controler and the newer 240v mains operated. Weve also got a vitage 'Niagra' that will rattle your fillings. lol

I do agree that you cant beat a mains operated vibe, the Magic Wand is the only vibe that can get me to cum.

Enjoy. x

I go the Body Wand in the Xmas sale for £35-99..... :-)

No Risk purchase as I had bought one previously for a friend and knew how good it was.

The LoveHoney DeLuxe is 'remarkably' similar to the Body Wand.

Juicyass wrote:

Basically ever since I experienced the LH Deluxe wand a while back with a previous partner I've always wanted to get my hands on one but can't really afford it most months with other expenses etc. So what I wanted to know or try and find out is which wand matches up the closest to it. Yes I've looked at reviews of other wands but none of them are ever really compared with the LH wand so its hard to tell. I really would love one thats not far off or on par with the LH wand if any of you can help? :-)

That's a toughie! I would save a bit each month for one. It's worth saving up for! Keep your fingers crossed and you never know one may pop up on the tester list over the next couple of months x

I love my mini! I think that the deluxe is a great "want" for me but I get very sensitive so the mini is more than capable and the fact that's its so easy to hold/use/move makes me think that I might not really get what I'm after from anything bigger!