Making your own?

Hey guys,

Have any of you lovely people here ever made your own toy?

I recently started mucking aroung with some spare wood, wire and tools to try and pass the time and long story short, I've started making some rough hitty toys. They're not anything to write home about, but I've had a real blast trying out new concepts. For example, does anyone here remember scoubidou strings? I found a pack of those the other day, with a bit of manipulation and a decent handle they are incredibly stingy!

Please note, this is NOT an advertisement of any kind. I am not a business, just someone who got bored a few weeks ago. I just wondered if anyone else had experience with making their own toys. I'd love to hear about it if you do :)

I haven't, although I've been tempted to have a go at making a paracord flogger. See a lot of them around and they seem fun to make :)

I'm really intrigued by your scoubidou creation! Scoubidou mini paddle keyring could be a fun and discreet travel companion?

Interested to see what else people have come up with!

I've made a particularly crude looking prototype fir the design a sex toy competition...
😉

Ooops double post - lol

Yes, done that. Way back, after my OH got over the shock that I'd like to be spanked and had only a hairbrush available I managed to get a piece of wood, maple I think, and lovingly fashioned a paddle with a soft grip handle. We still use it to this day. Also made a two tailed tawse from a wide leather belt. Rolled the handle round a piece of dowel and neatly stitched to make a good grip. Have various others now which were purchased. Now you've made me think about making something new. Thanks Shadow.

Hi there

Yes I remember scoobidoos sounds good.

My husband is trying to make a swing at the moment. He made a seat the other night but ouch, I like pain but it cut right into my thighs. He ended up scrapping that but used the straps to tie my wrists from the ceiling beam. He is now wondering if he can adapt a door swing to hang from the beam instead. I on the other hand found a free crochet pattern for a hitty thing so I might have a go at that. Whenever we are out and about he will pick up random objects and smack his hand with it or check the strength of said object with a glint in his eye. Very often with a what do you want that for comment from me lol he only has give me a certain look and the penny will drop and I say oh haha.

Ha ha ha! Many moons ago my hubby made me a wooden dildo, carved and everything! We still have it and always giggle at the memory whenever it surfaces in the toy box!

I made a paracord flogger of my own not that long ago and I thought it was actually a very relaxing, almost therapeutic experience. It was a little tricky at first, but I could have continued wrapping the handle for hours!

Took two strokers and combined them in to a mega stroker. Was fantastic.

I have one like that too but it's a bottle opener. No splinters so far 😜

Sadly I haven't tried making my own. I'm quite creative but I really like the polished finished touch of a purchased product. Sex toy snob I know.

That said one of the hot tub lodges that we go to has a bee shaped leather fly swat! Improvisation?

Oh my goodness i forgot all about scoubidoos! They were the loom bands of the earlyish 2000s!

I've tried making any toys but tried making my own lingerie though. Its all fun and games until my picot edging is squint! Grrrrr!

I've actually just bought a ticket to a make your own toy craft event. With cake. Tbf it was mainly the cake. 😂 I've never made a toy and I'm looking forward to it.

Where in the world is this Candysnatch?

It's in Essex which isn't too far from me. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to link it as it would constitute advertising. But it's on my twitter page 👀

Aw always miles from me! Sounds great though!