Male masterbators- drying times

Hi all,

I’ve been umming and erring about getting a male masterbator for a while and Iifht be ready to take the plunge.

But my final ‘concern’ is around drying times (based mainly on the fact that I’ll not been using the sleeve with my OH so don’t want her or the kids to stumble across it while drying).

I’ve seen lots on how easy/difficult to clean certain sleeves are, but not a lot on how easy or how long it takes to dry the sleeves. Is anyone able to share their experiences of drying their toys or any tips for improving drying times?

For reference the items I’ve been considering are some of the smaller thrust range( namely Ella or Ruby ) or maybe just paying the extra to get a fleshlight ( most likely a Go Surge, Torque, or a Pilot.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Hey. We have one of the smaller thrust sleeves. Can’t remember which one. They are very easy to clean buy do take a while to dry. We have a mesh bag that we put it in and it goes in our toy cabinet. Obviously we dry the outside first. Once dry, we then put the thrust powder on it.

2 Likes

@D5 It shouldn’t be as much an issue as your anticipating.

After washing its normally possible to peal back and dry inside both ends with a towel to significantly minimise natural drying time.

Then piping it in a drawer on occasion if there are people around shouldn’t be a problem.

As @Kh1985 has said some require renewing powder occasionally or corn flour will do the same job.

Hopefully that helps. I would say don’t let it put you off going for one.

1 Like

It really does depend on the type and style you choose. From the ones you’ve mentioned, I can’t see drying time being much of an issue.

However… we have the full human sized Lexi and honestly internally she can take over a day to fully dry. We have a few smaller Thrust Pros too, one being Katya, and she also takes a day to air dry.

My advice for any masturbator, doll or sleeve - and this is what we do - is take a single sheet of strong kitchen roll, twist it up like a long skinny spirally stick, and carefully insert it deep inside the openings. Leave this in for a few minutes then repeat with another piece and then wait and do it again one final time and leave it in overnight. It really does pull any moisture out and we have never had an issue.

Renewing powder is also a must if buying a Fleshlight or any lifelike skin style girl (or guy), this really does keep them feeling deliciously lifelike
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sweat_drops:

(just use cornflour, that’s truly all the product is)

2 Likes

For Fleshlight, I have the usb powered warmer which not only makes it more welcoming in winter but doubles up as a drier. I have used ot for other brands too.
Available from Lovehoney for around £25 depending on your discount codes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have found drying to be the biggest problem, I usually try to leave mine out overnight but that isn’t always an option :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but like everyone has said there are ways to speed it up, just make sure it has fully dried out before storing it away so you don’t get any damp building up in there :+1:

1 Like

So for me I normally put it in the shower to clean it off and as previously recommended here I stuff the holes full of kitchen roll to soak up any remaining water.

Normally leave it for 30 mins or so and then remove it.

The male masturbators are longer to clean but once you have found a way that works for you it’s fine.

Thanks for all the responses, I’ve bit the bullet and ordered a fleshlight Go Surge, roll on Monday!

1 Like

Personally I prefer my hand, or someone else’s.
So a quick rinse and rub with a hand towel :thinking: 60 seconds max. :joy:

I do have a question about the renewing powder, should i put it in the orifice of the toy or just the outside of it? Cause the last tike i tried putting it in the toy and i used it later it ended up coming out in little balls like the lube tried to absorb it (and this was after the toy was completely dried that i put in the renewing powder)

The Hubby has several of these.
Easy to pull them inside out for cleaning.
We use Lovehoney’s fresh toy cleaner.
Leaving it on the masturbater for a while & rinse off. He then dries them with a clean towel &
puts on some renewing powder when dry.
Very quick too, no fuss.
Job done!

As others have mentioned, fleshlights and even the smaller ones you can turn inside out and dry them so they dont require much drying time. As for the renewer powder, I just sprinkle it on the surface as it’s quite sticky when dried, you don’t necessarily need to use the renewer powder as I believe it’s just corn starch which you can buy from any supermarket, doesn’t need a lot, light sprinkle and then spread it around with your hand.

Doesn’t matter if some goes in the toy, I find it makes a creamy white paste which can sometimes add to the visual effect.

You can get drying sticks which are awesome. I use fleshlights and other toys daily, dry the outside and pop a drying stick in and let it sit until the next time i come to the bathroom. Usually by then its dry :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I do and I’ve not had any issues :ok_hand: